PDA

View Full Version : My game fell apart after school tennis stopped and I don't know why?

JLoescher1
06-02-2005, 06:29 PM
My tennis season ended about three weeks ago and I didn't play for about two and now my game sucks. I'm not striking the ball solidly, my backhand is terrible, and my serve is worthless. I can't figure out what's going on.

akj27
06-02-2005, 07:12 PM
ok. keep practicing i guess LOL

moosryan
06-02-2005, 07:17 PM
take a lesson

JLoescher1
06-02-2005, 07:22 PM
take a lesson I do need a lesson, but can you say that your game got that messed up in two weeks? I went from easily winning conference to not wanting to play for the rest of the summer.

Noelle
06-03-2005, 01:59 AM
It might have to do with timing issues. Sometimes people get rusty and can't time hitting the ball right. Relax, keep on hitting more balls. You'll get your form back.

I think you might want to go through your stroke motions just a little more deliberately, be aware of what you're doing at each point of the stroke. And keep that head still! ;) That does wonders for stabilizing strokes.

Return_Ace
06-03-2005, 02:30 AM
I know what you mean Jloe.....I took the Easter Holiday off from playing tennis and then went straight into a match for my club where after warming up with my coach I got a good piece of advice: "your're supposed to hit the ball with the strings and not the frame" :). Needless to say that I was playing rubbish and the score reflects this, I managed to win: 0-6, 6-4, 7-5 just goes to show how crap I was playing in the first set.....but after those dreadful six games I got back into the groove and managed to get my timing back on track.

If you can't be bothered to read my story here's an abbreviated version: Practice alot and never take two weeks off tennis :)