PDA

View Full Version : String Pattern Question Tfight 320

Murray_fan1
10-05-2010, 07:19 PM
O.K it is time to restring my Tfight with my favorite set up, but before I proceed I will need some clarification on the string pattern. If I am reading the pattern correctly according to Technifibre I am supposed to string 2 piece with the crosses started at throat. Is this correct ? This seems to go against everything I have been taught about stringing.

Here is a link with the string pattern for clarification :

http://www.tecnifibre.com/uploads/datasheets/a7fbea4a7f85a27e51b9f2c721a759df7b8ab56d.pdf

rich s
10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Bottom up is the impression I get looking at the picture in the link.....

struggle
10-05-2010, 07:58 PM
http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/viewpattern.php?mfg=TTEC

there at least 4 tfight 320's here, all different.

make sure know what you are after before you proceed.

edit: the only 16x19 (like the pic you posted) appears to be the Vo2 max.

double check your stick before moving forward.

Murray_fan1
10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
It is a brand new Tfight 320 Vo2 max

Irvin
10-06-2010, 02:30 AM
Just curious why does this go against what you have been taught? Looks normal to me. Look at your racket you should be able to determine how it was strung.

Irvin

lionel_101
10-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Some thing is pretty strange to me from looking at the pic (pdf file) from the technifibre site (need chinese fonts to see all the text) and the stringing specs from Klippermate.

1. From the pic, it looks like you tie off the mains at a cross gromet that has no string there yet. I thought you have to tie off mains on a existing main string.

The pic and the red arrows and the notes just don't make any sense to me.

2. If you following what is given on the Klippermate site, it is still a 2 piece and everything seems ok. You tie off the mains on other main strings at the bottom. The crosses start at the top with a tie off at the top on a main string and then go downward and ends with a tie off at the bottom on a main string.

I hope you took a good look and jotted down some notes before cutting out the strings from you racquet. If not, I think I would go with what Klippermate information.

jim e
10-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Tecnifibre Tfight 320 Vo2 max
As listed in "The Digest"
2 pc. is only listed for this racquet in "The Digest".

length: 21'x18'
Tension, lbs: 55-65
pattern:16x19
Start M's:T
Main Skips:7H,9H & 7T,9T
Tie off M's:6T
Start X: 7H
Last X: 7T
Tie Off: 5H,11T

T=Throat, H=Head
Hope this helps.Should be straight foward.

Irvin
10-06-2010, 05:39 AM
^^ I agree the picture leaves a lot to be desired. If you look they tell you to string the crosses from the bottom up. Why do two piece if you are stringing bottom up? Of course from the picture you can get everything but the tension and length the 'jim e' gave you.

Irvin

Power Player
10-06-2010, 05:47 AM
I have strung this racquet about 5 times now.

It starts from bottom to top. The only thing that is annoying is the final tie off on the cross. The window of space is so small that you have to be super precise.

Irvin, is it bad to do 2 piece on this racquet? That is what I do and the only way I really know. I also prefer it if I want to hybrid.

dgdawg
10-06-2010, 06:35 AM

It starts from bottom to top. The only thing that is annoying is the final tie off on the cross. The window of space is so small that you have to be super precise.

Irvin, is it bad to do 2 piece on this racquet? That is what I do and the only way I really know. I also prefer it if I want to hybrid.

jime spelled it out 2 posts above. Stringers Digest recommends 2 piece with X's starting @ 8H (head).
Dude, follow jim's instructions. They're verbatim from SD.

struggle
10-06-2010, 07:11 AM
jime spelled it out 2 posts above. Stringers Digest recommends 2 piece with X's starting @ 8H (head).

except Jim says start X's at 7H and you say start at 8H...

dgdawg
10-06-2010, 07:29 AM
except Jim says start X's at 7H and you say start at 8H...

Yep.....my bad
edit: start x 7H

Power Player
10-06-2010, 07:36 AM

Dude, I string it the same way. I haven't had an issue. Was just wondering about the 2 piece opinion.

dgdawg
10-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Dude, I string it the same way. I haven't had an issue. Was just wondering about the 2 piece opinion.

Gotch ya.....no disrespect intended man :)

Power Player
10-06-2010, 07:56 AM
None taken :)

I was just wondering why the heck they made the final cross so tough to tie off. Let's see if Murray Fan knows what I am saying when he does a stick.

Irvin
10-06-2010, 08:17 AM

Nothing wrong with two piece. As a matter of fact that is how I would string it.

Irvin

dgdawg
10-06-2010, 08:18 AM

I was just wondering why the heck they made the final cross so tough to tie off. Let's see if Murray Fan knows what I am saying when he does a stick.

Cool....:)
This is a prob with some other frames I've strung. Prince has a frame like this, too.
Maybe identify the tie-off grommet and mark it w/a grease marker.
Before you string it, put some paraffin wax or chap stick on your awl and ream that bad boy out a little to widen it. That might make it easier to get a "knot tail" through it.
You can soften it up w/a hair dryer too.

Power Player
10-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Well the grommet is wide enough. It is actually the other cross next to the tie off. Once you thread the string through the tie off grommet, you just barely have any space at all to tie the knot because the main and the cross are so close together.

Very tough to describe, I should take a pic next time I think of it.

I have figured it out enough to where I can get it done pretty fast. It is just one of those things where you feel like you messed up the tie off location.

Irvin
10-06-2010, 08:23 AM

I can see what you are talking about the outside main is very close to the grommet and you do not have enough room to tie off your string. Here is a tip that may help.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mr10sStringer#p/u/3/4WILK_BwWCE

Irvin

dgdawg
10-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Well the grommet is wide enough. It is actually the other cross next to the tie off. Once you thread the string through the tie off grommet, you just barely have any space at all to tie the knot because the main and the cross are so close together.

Very tough to describe, I should take a pic next time I think of it.

I have figured it out enough to where I can get it done pretty fast. It is just one of those things where you feel like you messed up the tie off location.

Ahhh....nCodes are like that doing 2 piece. I just tie off the X's and let that M rest on it.

Murray_fan1
10-06-2010, 08:15 PM
O.K I strung up the Tfight tonight using the same pattern as listed by jime with no problems at all. I can see what PowerPlayer is talking about with the last cross tie off. Fortunately I have come across this a few times before and made sure the cross string was over the main ( same as Irvin's link above) so not too much trouble. Thanks to everyone who chimed in to help I really appreciate it!!! Any Idea why stringing from throat to head would have been suggested by Technifibre ? It seems most manufactures prefer that the racquet is string the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Player View Post

PowerPlayer will you continue to string throat to head or will you try this other pattern?

Irvin
10-07-2010, 03:12 AM
I can remember back in the early 80s when Head said their rackets had to be strung bottom up. There are some manufacturers that have changed their ideas over the years and some that have not.

Rackets wear out or break and should be replaced from time to time. But for many there is that one racket that some people will use for decades and even though they buy new rackets they always go back to that one dependable standby.

Here is what I think. This is not what I do with other's rackets it is what I think. When you buy a racket you can string it or have it strung any way you want. I used to play with a Wilson racket that skipped 7 and 9 head and throat. I liked to string it one piece ATW so I did. I played with a Head racket that had a similar pattern and I strung it one piece ATW too although it was not to be strung that way. I do not think it ever harmed the rackets stringing them that way. If one would have ever broke I would have bought new rackets. I would not have expected the manufacturer to keep me in rackets for years because they happened to make a few bucks off me one time. If Marat can break 70 rackets a year I should be able to string mine the way I want.

Irvin

Power Player
10-07-2010, 06:23 AM
O.K I strung up the Tfight tonight using the same pattern as listed by jime with no problems at all. I can see what PowerPlayer is talking about with the last cross tie off. Fortunately I have come across this a few times before and made sure the cross string was over the main ( same as Irvin's link above) so not too much trouble. Thanks to everyone who chimed in to help I really appreciate it!!! Any Idea why stringing from throat to head would have been suggested by Technifibre ? It seems most manufactures prefer that the racquet is string the other way around.

PowerPlayer will you continue to string throat to head or will you try this other pattern?

I use that exact same pattern. It says to start the mains at the throat. Did you not do this? I am confused! lol.

jim e
10-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I use that exact same pattern. It says to start the mains at the throat. Did you not do this? I am confused! lol.

A few posts back.
This is what I posted on the pattern, directly from the USRSA Stringers Digest:The Digest is very accurate and history has proven that.

length: 21'x18'
Tension, lbs: 55-65
pattern:16x19
Start M's:T
Main Skips:7H,9H & 7T,9T
Tie off M's:6T
Start X: 7H
Last X: 7T
Tie Off: 5H,11T

As you see it says Start X:7H which is Head, Last X :7T which is throat.Therefore stringing from top to bottom.
What is too be confused about? Its a simple pattern.

I know many manuf. say you can string bottom to top stringing a 1 piece, but many of those (Wilson, and Babolat come to mind), when string 2 piece they also list to string a 2 piece top down, as it is safer to string that way as it puts a lot less stress on the racquet.

Power Player
10-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I clearly read your post and I clearly stated that I do it just like you posted. I start the mains at the throat just like you said and I start my crosses at grommet 7 in the head. I own this racquet and string EXACTLY like you have posted. There is nothing about the process that confuses me in the slightest.

What confuses me is that Murray fan was stating the he does not understand why they say to start the mains from the throat. I am wondering now if he started them at the hoop, but I don't see how that would be possible.

Murray_fan1
10-07-2010, 06:33 PM
^^^^^PP I think you misunderstood my original post.
I want to be clear I don't have any problems reading stringing patterns I have strung my fair share of racquets over the last couple years

I started the mains at the throat . My concern was starting the crosses at the bottom towards the throat and finishing at the head as the pattern from Technifibre indicated.

This IMO is not a common way of stringing a two piece on modern racquets.

Irvin
10-08-2010, 02:23 AM
^^^^ It is the drawing on the Tecnifibre site the OP was confused about.

Irvin

Power Player
10-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Ok. You know I never noticed that, I always went by the same stringing guide that Jim E stated. It just seemed like the normal way to do it to me also. Now I am wondering if we should try it the other way just for fun.

Power Player
10-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Just strung a 320 starting crosses from the bottom up last night. It did not not make any difference at all in speed or expected results.