PDA

View Full Version : Serving with a Longbody !!!!

twocents
06-03-2005, 05:42 AM
I've been demoing a long body Pure Drive + and Aero Pro + and can't believe the difference in power. It's amazing at least 10-15 mph.
It seems to me it's a lot easier to generate MORE pace,spin and wrist snap with a longer racket. Since the idea is to hold serve wouldn't it make sense to use one even if your groundies and volleys suffered a little? It seems to work for Roddick and Nadal.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Michelangelo
06-03-2005, 06:32 AM
If you are using oversize racket (indeed, at least according to my memory, I haven't seen any midsize racket with length longer than 27" except Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 Classic) as well as tend to hit at baseline with a lot of top spin, then longbody would really beneficial (simple kinetic and kinematic, for the same angular velocity, the longer than rotation arm, the faster the linear velocity of the end point, as well as kinetic energy). However, for certain players, the longbody might be a bit troublesome for volley. But for me I'll go for standard length more since I tend to hit flat to make the ball a bit faster. Very personal preference.

TommyGun
06-04-2005, 06:54 AM
If you have a problem with volleying with extended frames, choke up! Suddenly, a 28" frame becomes 27" or even 26"!

I learned this from a very old gentleman who used to live in PA, and someone told me he was an all time great...