PDA

View Full Version : Johansson AO 2002 vs Nadal USO 2010

fed_the_savior
10-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Who wins between Nadal in his 2010 US open winning form vs Johansson in his 2002 AO open winning form?

abmk
10-06-2010, 10:11 PM
johansson would do the same voodoo magic that he did on safin that day on rafa and win !!

just j/k !

EnigmaticPragmatic
10-06-2010, 10:15 PM
didn't someone rue the day this thread would be posted? well, now it's here.

As for my pick, Nadal 6-1 6-3 6-0 ala Federer 2008 FO

fed_the_savior
10-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Nadal is leading in the poll; I have to say I think he'd edge it out.

EnigmaticPragmatic
10-06-2010, 10:37 PM
What's the lower cutoff age for him beating Johansson? I say 19

kishnabe
10-07-2010, 05:56 AM
I would day Johannson defeated Safin would have beat Rafa. So Johhanson wins...jk!

Ventolin
10-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Johansson in straights. He is the real hard court GOAT

single_handed_champion
10-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Yes!! This thread is here finally. Johansson in embarrassing straights, easily. His GOAT form was the greatest GOAT form of all GOAT forms in the history of GOAT forms. Even USO2000 Safin (aka GOAT form OAT i,e, GOATFOAT) would have been spanked by this one (and was, really).

By the way, he had a really weird ball toss, it used to make me laugh every time. Pretty good serve though.

aceX
10-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Delete this thread and increase the IQ of the forum.

ledwix
10-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Johansson is possibly the worst slam winner of all time. This one is easy.

fed_the_savior
10-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Delete this thread and increase the IQ of the forum.

If you think deleting this thread will increase the IQ of the forum, your own IQ needs some help. :)

JayChu
10-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Johansson is possibly the worst slam winner of all time. This one is easy.

I could name a few others: Costa and Gaudio.....they really did nothing in their careers after winning their Grand Slam

fed_the_savior
10-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Anybody that wins a slam is a decent player in my book. It's not like you can win one by accident.

DMan
10-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Who wins between Nadal in his 2010 US open winning form vs Johansson in his 2002 AO open winning form?

Boy, this ranks so up there in pressing issues of the day.

What relevance to the world of tennis.

This has got to be the most suspenseful poll of all-time.

Who needs AI polls, elections, or dumb stuff like this.

It's this burning question that we all want to see played out, right?!??!?!?!?!?!?

fed_the_savior
10-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Boy, this ranks so up there in pressing issues of the day.

What relevance to the world of tennis.

This has got to be the most suspenseful poll of all-time.

Who needs AI polls, elections, or dumb stuff like this.

It's this burning question that we all want to see played out, right?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Now just post this on 80% of the posts in this forum.

Buckethead
10-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Which Johansson?? Joachim??
If it is PimPim he would kill Nadal in 6x0, 6x3, 6x2.
Not even a chance.
That guy as talented as Federer, He was just injured too much.

The-Champ
10-08-2010, 07:33 PM
I mentioned this thread would pop up.

How predictable!

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=5091578&postcount=44

Trillus
10-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Which Johansson?? Joachim??
If it is PimPim he would kill Nadal in 6x0, 6x3, 6x2.
Not even a chance.
That guy as talented as Federer, He was just injured too much.

Yeah a guy who moves awful, has no backhand, who doesnt return well, has no variety or court smarts, has questionable fitness, and who cant even volley, would kill Nadal love, three, and two, LOL! Joachin Johansson makes Roddick look like one of the most complete players of all time by comparision. He is the essense of nothing but a serve and a forehand.

The two best matches he ever played ended in a narrow 5 set win over a tenative and out of form Roddick who still should have won but botched a crucial break point, and a 4 set loss to a nearly 35 year old Agassi despite nearly 50 aces.

Tomas Johansson would even give Nadal a tougher time than Joachim would.

Nadalfan89
10-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Anybody that wins a slam is a decent player in my book. It's not like you can win one by accident.

Roddick and Ferrero won a slam.

NamRanger
10-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Yeah a guy who moves awful, has no backhand, who doesnt return well, has no variety or court smarts, has questionable fitness, and who cant even volley, would kill Nadal love, three, and two, LOL! Joachin Johansson makes Roddick look like one of the most complete players of all time by comparision. He is the essense of nothing but a serve and a forehand.

The two best matches he ever played ended in a narrow 5 set win over a tenative and out of form Roddick who still should have won but botched a crucial break point, and a 4 set loss to a nearly 35 year old Agassi despite nearly 50 aces.

So that's why Pim Pim after not playing tennis for over a year beat Nadal in straights on an indoor HC? Is that a joke?

fed_the_savior
10-08-2010, 11:29 PM
I mentioned this thread would pop up.

How predictable!

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=5091578&postcount=44

Everybody's trying to take credit for my brilliant idea :rolleyes:.

Roddick and Ferrero won a slam.

You're a funny poster :lol:.

Buckethead
10-09-2010, 06:19 AM

So you are just agreeing with me.
His career was only good for maybe 2,3 years had he played ,stayed healthy and developed to his max capacity and still playing these days, which means 7,8 years later, the history of the sport would have been different, but at least i am gonna say that He would tear Nadal in to pieces.

Trillus
10-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Joachim Johansson was just a poor mans Roddick. He was owned by Roddick in juniors and couldnt even win a major junior title of any sorts. He was never going to be relevant to either the history of tennis nor Nadal.