PDA

View Full Version : Hurting in shoulder and numb finger tips - Help!

James Reed
04-19-2004, 04:41 PM
I have had a sharp pain in my serving shoulder, neck and also numb finger tips in my hand the last 3 weeks. Sometimes it feels like my arm is building up pressure and feels like it is throbbing terrible in my armpit. No tennis for me in the last 3 weeks. Anyone had this or care to suggest the problem :cry: ?

Thanks

ronwest
04-19-2004, 05:10 PM
I have had shoulder problems off and on for 3+ years and I was recently diagnosed with a bulging cervical disc. While dealing with my disc problem I learned about trigger point massage therapy and it REALLY helped my shoulder pain. I think you should see a doctor, but you should also look into a book called The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook. The self massage techniques in the book give me more pain relief than I get from over the counter drugs.

Audiodude
04-20-2004, 04:24 AM
Sounds like it may be a compressed disc in your cervical spine. Time to see the doctor. Mine gets aggravated by bench pressing with a straight bar. It's all the force of my head pressing against the bench during the lift. Incline dumbbells only for me now. Traction may get you some immediate relief.