PDA

View Full Version : Rest between games

tdnxxx444
06-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Not sure if this belongs in this section, but in tournament / league play, how much rest or breaks are you allowed in between your games?

papa
06-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Not sure if this belongs in this section, but in tournament / league play, how much rest or breaks are you allowed in between your games?

90 seconds when changing ends, 120 seconds after set.

kevhen
06-03-2005, 01:31 PM
That sounds right but I have never seen anyone time their opponent on changeovers. I usually just take a couple swallows of water or juice and go to the other side unless things aren't going well and I need some time to think about what I could be doing differently or better. I think you get more like 5-10 minutes before starting the third set especially in hot weather and you can also go get new balls then and take a restroom break.

Exile
06-03-2005, 03:12 PM
2 min per set, third set break is 10 min. un;ess they are rushing you because its still the first round.

snobs.

papa
06-03-2005, 05:14 PM
2 min per set, third set break is 10 min. un;ess they are rushing you because its still the first round.

snobs.

Well, assuming the folks running the event have notified everyone that extra time will be given prior to the start - up to 10 minutes. However, this break comes AFTER the third set in a best of five set format.