PDA

View Full Version : Question about Gamma Progession ST

godzen
10-09-2010, 12:15 PM
I just bought the progression ST II from a fellow TW member. When you rotate the crank, are you suppose to hear a slight sound that indicate two surfaces are brushing against each other while the crank rotates? Since this is my first crank, I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I always had the impression that when you rotate the crank, it would be smooth and noise-free.

Irvin
10-10-2010, 02:50 AM
When the brake level release a brake is engaged which lock out the tension. Check you addustments using the owner's manual (http://206.210.94.83/collaterals/pdf/MPST2-5.pdf). I Also made a video of how to adjust a Gamma stringer.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mr10sStringer#p/u/13/cr2GeWDMs_A

Irvin

rich s
10-10-2010, 07:05 AM
When the brake level release a brake is engaged which lock out the tension. Check you addustments using the owner's manual (http://206.210.94.83/collaterals/pdf/MPST2-5.pdf). I Also made a video of how to adjust a Gamma stringer.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mr10sStringer#p/u/13/cr2GeWDMs_A

Irvin

Irvin.... great video.....

(can I have your gold couch?) :)

godzen
10-10-2010, 07:54 AM
nice video. I watched the whole thing. Very informative

Irvin
10-10-2010, 09:54 AM
^^ Thanks for the Kudos

Irvin

Gamma Tech
10-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I just bought the progression ST II from a fellow TW member. When you rotate the crank, are you suppose to hear a slight sound that indicate two surfaces are brushing against each other while the crank rotates? Since this is my first crank, I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I always had the impression that when you rotate the crank, it would be smooth and noise-free.
short answer is yes. it is the disc brake passing by the brake pads.
bret

godzen
10-14-2010, 07:09 PM
short answer is yes. it is the disc brake passing by the brake pads.
bret

Thanks for the clarification. Also another question. Item shipped with a couple of missing washer/screws. Not a big deal. I was in the process of installing the tensioner onto the bar. In the manual, it said to remove the "button hex screw and washer located at the end of the tensioner bar with a 3mm hex screw. Slide the tensioner onto the bar and replace the hex screw with washer." I did not receive this screw with washer. What is the function of this screw? Is it to prevent the tensioner from rolling off the bar? Can this be replace with another screw/washer at a part/supplies store? If so, which one should I be looking for?

thx

Gamma Tech
10-15-2010, 11:21 AM
T What is the function of this screw? Is it to prevent the tensioner from rolling off the bar? Can this be replace with another screw/washer at a part/supplies store? If so, which one should I be looking for?

thx
it is a metric screw, as are all the other screws on the machines. i don't know the size off hand. if you want i can send you one by USPS if you send me your mailing address.
bret

godzen
10-16-2010, 01:48 AM
thx for the response gamma. I emailed you my info @ pdev@gammasports . com. I hope this is the correct email.

Pinkskunk
10-19-2010, 10:46 AM
it is a metric screw, as are all the other screws on the machines. i don't know the size off hand. if you want i can send you one by USPS if you send me your mailing address.
bret

wow ! talking about Customer Service !

Gamma Tech
10-20-2010, 01:00 PM
thx for the response gamma. I emailed you my info @ pdev@gammasports . com. I hope this is the correct email.
i got your email but next time you can click on my name and email me directly. i sent an invoice for you to double check but haven't heard back from you.
bret

godzen
10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
i got your email but next time you can click on my name and email me directly. i sent an invoice for you to double check but haven't heard back from you.
bret

unless I'm mistaken, tw doesn't have private message feature or a way for me to email you directly. I've replied to your latest email

diredesire
10-20-2010, 03:27 PM
unless I'm mistaken, tw doesn't have private message feature or a way for me to email you directly. I've replied to your latest email
It's not a PM, it's a "e-mail user" link. Not everyone has this feature enabled, as it's an option.