PDA

View Full Version : Do you need a calibrator for an electronice tensioner?

ambro
04-19-2004, 06:06 PM
I hit a good deal on a slightly used SP e.Stringer. I was going to get a dropweight, most likely a ATS SS II, but this was too good of a deal to pass up. Anyways, do you need a calibrator for this?

Gaines Hillix
04-20-2004, 06:07 PM
It is a good idea to check the tension calibration on any machine. You'll have to check with Silent Partner on the procedure for setting it on this machine. I've been around here for a long time and don't ever recall someone posting how this is done on an SP e-Stringer. Of course, you have to check the calibration of the calibrator too. I use Olympic weights to check mine.

ambro
04-20-2004, 06:36 PM
I looked at the downloadable manual on the SP site, and it shows how to calibrate it. Do I really need one though for basically only personal use? I don't want to buy one if it isn't really needed.

Gaines Hillix
04-21-2004, 12:10 PM
ethan19, that's up to you. If you are only doing your own racquets on it and the results feel good to you, then it's not an issue.

passerofgasses
04-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Turn it on its side near the edge of a table, secure it, and then tie on a pile of weights and see if it pulls or not.

I'm cheap too. I think of these things....

David Pavlich
04-22-2004, 07:48 PM
I check mine quite often (SP Aria). I want to be sure that I'm producing a good product and checking the machine is a big part of it.

After about 700 frames, I'm quite pleased to report that it is as good as it was when it strung its first frame.

David