PDA

View Full Version : Klippermate can string all types of string?

formula16
10-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Can the klippermate string every string well? (nat gut, poly)

thanks

bcart1991
10-12-2010, 05:02 AM
I don't like stringing poly or kevlar on my klippermate, because the string doesn't stretch much (if at all), so you have to use some creative techniques to get the tension right/weight bar horizontal.

But yes, it will string all types of string.

Ennismt
10-12-2010, 05:27 AM
I've strung poly, nat gut, syn gut and multi on my Gamma x-2, so I suspect you'd be able to do the same on the Klipper. For the poly strings I had to start the bar closer to horizontal when I started the pull, b/c as mentioned before it does not stretch much.

jgrushing
10-14-2010, 05:00 AM
Polyester is really not fun on the Klippermate but it can be done. I'd be interested to hear some of the softer polys that Klipper owners have strung. I don't like poly but my son does.

aussie
10-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Polyester is really not fun on the Klippermate but it can be done. I'd be interested to hear some of the softer polys that Klipper owners have strung. I don't like poly but my son does.

For a nice soft and very playable poly that strings easily in a Klippermate, try the Genesis Heptonic. I had all but given up on finding a soft poly with good touch but this one has made me a big fan. It is very elastic when stringing much like the majority of syn guts.