PDA

View Full Version : Foolproof

VolklVenom
06-03-2005, 05:36 PM
1. buy the cheapest 100sq headsize racquest you can find.
2. add lead tape to suit your game. make it at least 12 oz.
It's that easy.

Michelangelo
06-03-2005, 05:37 PM
???? Any more detail?

Gaines Hillix
06-03-2005, 06:18 PM
There's a lot more to it than headsize alone. You might buy an arm breaker with a stiffness rating of 75 that's 6 pts HH and it wouldn't make any difference how much lead you added to it. The idea of finding a mid weight racquet with a mid plus size frame that already has an arm friendly flex and balance point that you can grow into and customize by adding weight is a sound though.

gregraven
06-03-2005, 07:43 PM
In my experience, Gaines is correct. The layup of the racquet is far more determinative of the playing characteristics than the mass, balance, and swingweight. I've had dissimilar racquets between which I could easily switch, and I've had two racquets made to match with gross amounts of lead tape, which were completely different -- despite the specs. If your initial racquet choice isn't at least close, you're just making misery for yourself.

VolklVenom
06-04-2005, 08:52 PM
correct, but the point i was trying to make was, you could buy a cheap racquet that had a nice 100sq. inch head size, wasn't too stiff and you could customize to pretty much anything. if it was too head heavy, you could fix it with lead.
The point is, why spend money on new technology wiz bang racquets, when it's not going to make a noticeable difference to your game?

GrahamIsSuper
06-04-2005, 09:08 PM
People have been asking that for years....different things for different people. I myself am switching from the trusty Estusa to something a bit more modern...either the Technifibre 325 or 315. Times have changed, grow up.