PDA

View Full Version : o3 rackets

Donny0627
10-13-2010, 01:38 PM
I have a gamma progression 602 dw(floating clamps). I have learned on the boards that you need a table brake(which I do not have), or a boomerang tool to string prince o3 rackets. If i dont have either of these, is ther any other way which i can string these rackets?

airman88
10-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Just hold the pallet when you pull tension on the O section, or us your hip to hold it in place.

mikeler
10-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Yep, the hip method works.

Peppershaker
10-13-2010, 03:37 PM
There is also the 50/50 Method. If you go to Youtube and search under "O3 Stringing" several videos will be available.

Having tried both the "Hip" method and the "50/50", the biggest problem with either seems to be consistency from racquet to racquet. And you have to pay far more attention to the angles than should be necessary. There are also special "Boomerang" tools that are supposedly available from PRINCE, but I've attempted to receive these w/o much luck.

In all although I've been a loyal Prince racquet and string person between the difficulties in stringing these racquets, that Price has not seen fit to at the very least provide an easily obtainable (even low $) tool, and the recent jump in Prince strings.....time to move on.

Irvin
10-13-2010, 03:42 PM
The two piece 50/50 works. You will have to pull the center two strings and clamp both strings on the far side then pull the bottom one of those two crosses and clamp it outside the frame with the second clamp. Pull the top string and move the clamp back to the other side inside the frame next to the clamp on the outside. Then continue stringing the top cross and when you finish do the bottom.

Here is a video for the 2 piece 50/50

http://www.youtube.com/user/Irvin1944#p/a/u/1/hJHwgzRR_gw

Irvin

Donny0627
10-13-2010, 04:03 PM
one question. when doing the 50 50 method, does it matter what side of the racket you start on?(ie: the racket is a clock, does it matter if you start at 3 or 9?

struggle
10-13-2010, 06:58 PM
one question. when doing the 50 50 method, does it matter what side of the racket you start on?(ie: the racket is a clock, does it matter if you start at 3 or 9?

since these rackets are not symmetrical (the Oports), MAKE SURE you
don't string across a port on a racket with string hole grommets.

otherwise, count the crosses and find the closest middlepoint.

i've only toyed with it some, but it does become fairly obvious once you get into the process.

Irvin has all the answers and is the 50/50 guru around here.

edit: also, i just recently got 3 boomerang tools from prince, they are available just hard to get ahold of.
I had to try twice and still don't have the orange one that i need the most.

Irvin
10-18-2010, 04:56 AM
^^ 'tbuggle' is correct. You must start on a bridge between two O Ports. Where you start really depends on how the racket is mounted in the stringer. You want to start as close to being directly above the axis of the turn table as possible wheter that is the center of the cross strings or not. The more the racket is mounted so that the turn table axis is closer to the top of the racket the fewer cross strings will pull to the top of the O port above the axis. All the cross strings below the axis will pull correctly.

Irvin