PDA

View Full Version : Height of my stringing machine..

THESEXPISTOL
10-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Is there some place where i can find info about what height should my stringing machine be at to avoid back problems and pain after long stringing sessions?

Thank you!

rich s
10-13-2010, 03:49 PM
stand up straight, bend your arm so that your elbow is 90 degrees and your forearm is parallel to the ground.

The height of your forearm/elbow is the height at which you want the stringbed when stringing.

coachrick
10-13-2010, 06:25 PM
stand up straight, bend your arm so that your elbow is 90 degrees and your forearm is parallel to the ground.

The height of your forearm/elbow is the height at which you want the stringbed when stringing.

rich is on the money. You want to be 'neutral' in your posture while stringing(NOT like Emeril Lagasse--hunched over--DANG EMERIL...stand UP!)

Having said that, I was 'stuck' stringing at a higher position for quite some time and found it to still be comfy. I'd guess the machine was 2-3 inches higher than 'neutral'. Worked fine...better the machine is too high rather than too low, IMO.

Get some cushion under your feet...squat down from time to time...toe raises are good too. Make sure you don't 'lock' your knees for long periods. Smile and have fun! :) AND be glad you aren't installing Fairway grips all day!

THESEXPISTOL
10-14-2010, 01:09 PM
The height you talk about is the height of the stringbed right?

coachrick
10-14-2010, 01:16 PM
The height you talk about is the height of the stringbed right?

Yep. In essence, you could weave with one hand under/one over without ducking, hunching, tip-toeing. I'm 5'11" in shoes and the horizontal mounted racket plane is @ 46", give or take a smidge.

Lakers4Life
10-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Yep. In essence, you could weave with one hand under/one over without ducking, hunching, tip-toeing. I'm 5'11" in shoes and the horizontal mounted racket plane is @ 46", give or take a smidge.

I'm 6'2" and my optimum height is 44". I had it at 46" when I got from the last owner of my latest machine and was too lazy to adjust it. That cause an accute tennis-elbow, then after adjusting it to 44" it was fine.