PDA

View Full Version : Winter leagues lame?

Winky
10-13-2010, 09:53 PM
So I'm thinking of signing up for a 'holiday league' but it's my first time and I assume there are fewer people who play during the holidays. Anybody done this before? I'm in SoCal so weather shouldn't be too much of an issue but sometimes we'll get a relatively rainy winter.

experiences?

Cindysphinx
10-14-2010, 05:42 AM
So I'm thinking of signing up for a 'holiday league' but it's my first time and I assume there are fewer people who play during the holidays. Anybody done this before? I'm in SoCal so weather shouldn't be too much of an issue but sometimes we'll get a relatively rainy winter.

experiences?

There's only one way to find out:

Winky
10-14-2010, 10:54 PM
well I'd rather spend the $35 on new balls if it's going to be disappointing :o I can buy 17 cans of balls for that price and practice all winter.

Cindysphinx
10-15-2010, 05:03 AM
There are no guarantees in tennis. Every time you sign on for a team or step out onto the court, there is the chance the experience will be awful.

Go play and try to have fun!

tennis tom
10-15-2010, 05:31 AM
So I'm thinking of signing up for a 'holiday league' but it's my first time ...
experiences?

Just a bit of advice to save you wear and tear on your balls, the ones who talk the most usually put out the least.

Happy Holidays

Annika
10-19-2010, 11:43 AM
I was considering playing singles this winter also. But I'm worried about the condition of the courts (leaves, etc). I don't want to slide and fall again. It hurts!!!!
Any thoughts?

Spokewench
10-19-2010, 01:02 PM
I was considering playing singles this winter also. But I'm worried about the condition of the courts (leaves, etc). I don't want to slide and fall again. It hurts!!!!
Any thoughts?

A broom works!