PDA

View Full Version : i prestige mid vs prestige classic 600, diferences

Speedy_tennis
06-03-2005, 07:07 PM
tell me about this two sticks... i want to try the pc 600 but i need opinions to purchase this racket

Michelangelo
06-03-2005, 07:27 PM
I tried my freind's Classic 600, pretty vintage racket and performance. That is, you hafta input whatever you can in order to have the output from the racket. Even though the i.Prestige is a player racket, you'll immediately know that it's already a lot easier to play.

AndrewD
06-03-2005, 07:39 PM
The i-Prestige is a bit unique among the Prestige line as it has a much lower swingweight. As a result it doesn't offer the same kind of power as the earlier Prestige models or the recent LM Prestige. Being easier to swing, people do often feel that its an easier racquet to use, however, there is a limitation due to the lower power levels.
Currently I use an LM Prestige mid, having transitioned from a Prestige Pro mid (one of the earliest, if not the first, incarnations of the Prestige). There is a noticeable difference in comfort levels, with the earlier Prestige far 'softer' and more forgiving. The i-Prestige, although different to the LM, is still quite a long way from the PC600 or other older versions. The 'feel' of the racquet is quite distinct and a lot harsher than earlier versions, just as the LM is.

None of that is to suggest that the i-Prestige is a bad racquet. Have a look around the pro scene and you'll find quite a number of players still using one (amongst the lower ranked players) or (in the upper levels) using one painted to look like the LM version. Control is excellent and, if you're a player who generates a lot of power (as the pros can and do) then you might appreciate it's lack of punch and easy swingweight.

If you need a bit more power then go to the PC600. If you need more power again then have a look at the LM Prestige mid which Ive found to be the most powerful of the entire Prestige range. Of course, none of them are really powerful frames so, if you are going to use one, you'll need to be able to supply most of it yourself.

Michael82
06-04-2005, 04:31 PM
To me, I.prestige has much better pace and power than PC600. It plays stiffer than old PC600, which results in less control. Both are excellent control oriented (low power) sticks.