PDA

View Full Version : Tubing Yonex RDS001

mr33
10-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi

I want to tube my Yonex RDS001 but one of my coaches say its grommets are to small to fit a tube and string down. Does anyone know/tubed a Yonex RDS001?

Thanks ;)

uk_skippy
10-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Where do you want to tube, and why do you want to tube?

In general though, you enlarge the existing grommet so that the tubing will fit inside it. You can use an awl, and some lube like chapstick or akempucky.

Regards

Paul

mr33
10-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Where do you want to tube, and why do you want to tube?

In general though, you enlarge the existing grommet so that the tubing will fit inside it. You can use an awl, and some lube like chapstick or akempucky.

Regards

Paul
Thanks Paul, I want the tube because I keep shanking/snapping strings under the loop (The top of the racquet). How do I enlarge my grommet?

Cheers ;)

uk_skippy
10-15-2010, 01:48 AM
I guess you're doing your own stringing.

When I put in tubing to stop the same thing happening, I'll use an awl to enlarge the grommets. I'd advise using a lube like chapstick, Akempucky or a soft wax on the awl to ease the awl in when it opens the grommet up, and to aid the insertion of the tubing. I take a length of tube so that it runs from one grommet to the next. I repeat that for the number of grommets to be tubed. I create the tube lengths before I start to string so that you're all prepared. You need enough tubing to just be sticking out of each grommet. It can be tricky trying to get the right length, but once you have the first one sorted you can cut more to the same length.

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul

mr33
10-15-2010, 02:03 AM
I guess you're doing your own stringing.

When I put in tubing to stop the same thing happening, I'll use an awl to enlarge the grommets. I'd advise using a lube like chapstick, Akempucky or a soft wax on the awl to ease the awl in when it opens the grommet up, and to aid the insertion of the tubing. I take a length of tube so that it runs from one grommet to the next. I repeat that for the number of grommets to be tubed. I create the tube lengths before I start to string so that you're all prepared. You need enough tubing to just be sticking out of each grommet. It can be tricky trying to get the right length, but once you have the first one sorted you can cut more to the same length.

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul
Ahh, coolies...seems a little tricky though :S

uk_skippy
10-15-2010, 02:22 AM
It can be, but once you've done it a few times its not so bad. Its a good skill to learn.

If you're unsure that you want to do it on your Yonex, grab a spare or old rqt and practice first. You can reuse the tubing so nothing will be wasted.

Regards

Paul

mr33
10-15-2010, 02:59 AM
It can be, but once you've done it a few times its not so bad. Its a good skill to learn.

If you're unsure that you want to do it on your Yonex, grab a spare or old rqt and practice first. You can reuse the tubing so nothing will be wasted.

Regards

Paul
Wow, thanks mate ;) Lucky I keep my brocken yonex in my bag to remind me...