PDA

View Full Version : overnight time between matches?

Figjam
10-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Is there any rule??? I just played a match in a tourny at 930pm, my next match is at 8am the next day, so I didnt get done till 11pm get home by 1130, then have to get up at 6 that barely gives me 6hrs to sleep, WTF???

Oh and I played another match earlier in the day

Devilito
10-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Only rule is my rule. The day doesn’t start until 12pm…

Really though. Load up on energy drink, pop some Advil and get through it. It’s only once in a blue moon. Did you see Lubicic in Shanghai? Guy looked like he hadn’t slept in about a month.

polski
10-16-2010, 04:23 AM
Is there any rule??? I just played a match in a tourny at 930pm, my next match is at 8am the next day, so I didnt get done till 11pm get home by 1130, then have to get up at 6 that barely gives me 6hrs to sleep, WTF???

and you're posting on an internet message board at 1:42AM which can't help your sleep situation.

Xisbum
10-16-2010, 06:31 AM
and you're posting on an internet message board at 1:42AM which can't help your sleep situation.

How dare you interject logic into an internet conversation, sir. Have you no shame? ;)

Jack the Hack
10-16-2010, 09:38 AM

Just pointing out that not everyone lives in the Eastern time zone. According to Figjam's profile, he's in Denver, which is the Mountain time zone. The timestamp on the post is in Pacific Standard Time, so that means he put it up at 11:42 PM at his local time, about 10 minutes after he got home from his match.

So, to respond to the original question...

There is no rule about time between overnight matches. It is certainly inconvenient, and in my opinion, may indicate poor tournament scheduling. However, sometimes this is the best a tournament director can do with a limited amount of courts and decent size draws.

Did you talk with the tournament director to see if there was any way to move the match? Sometimes, if there is some slack in the schedule and both players agree, it can be moved. On the other hand, that might mess up the schedule for the rest of the draw. However, it doesn't hurt to ask.

(I hope the 2nd round went well... that match should be over by now.)

Wakenslam
10-16-2010, 10:46 AM

It's just tennis. Load up on tylenol and kick some butt tomorrow!

mutantducky
10-16-2010, 11:05 AM
yeah it is silly but I've been to basketball summer round robins when teams had to do the same thing. ice up and just get ready to roll knowing you got a break if you win.

Jim A
10-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Figjam, it happens quite a bit in Denver from my experience

The inevitable late start if you have a 2nd or 3rd match on a Friday, only to come back to start on Saturday.

The big thing for me is planning out from the end of the night match to the start of the next match...

hope it worked out well for you..not many events left this year unfortunately

10ACE
10-25-2010, 06:15 AM
Good question- one tourni I played 3 matches in one day- last match stopped due to darkness- returned for 8:30 am start time so similar but not quite 11pm- more like 7:30pm. Only time tourni gives is the 30 minute rest between matches.