PDA

View Full Version : Ridges of Cart a little too high for Stringer..options?

Power Player
10-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Finally got a chance to string a racquet on my craftsman cart and realized I can't spin the string machine around because the ridges are about 2-3 inches too high....uggh.

Any ideas on what I can get to lift the stringer that will be sturdy? It is an alpha string pal. I am thinking custom cut wood but I am wondering if that will be too wobbly.

coachrick
10-16-2010, 02:05 PM
If I am envisioning your de-lemon correctly, I think you could just add flat boards of whatever thickness is needed to lift the machine to clear the lip. Heavier than you need but it might work. Alternatively, you could make 'risers' out of wood or PVC to go under each foot of the machine.

Pics might show us what's going on so we can get a better handle on the problem.

Power Player
10-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Coach I think you just nailed it. Yes, I need to lift the machine a little to clear the lip. The flatboard idea sounds like it would be more stable.

esgee48
10-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Just my 2 cents for safety. If you glue the pieces of the risers together, they won't slip. I am assuming you will not be using one piece that is 2-3 inches thick.