PDA

View Full Version : Problems lol

akj27
06-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Alright, Im using my friends LM Prestige Midplus, so far its a very good racquet, but, my shots arent as deep as they used to be with my pure drive, any suggestions? this is really frustrating

goober
06-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Well the prestige is lower on power compared to the PD. You have to swing through or "hit out" on your shots more. There is going to be an adjustment period. I know I just switched from a Surge to a Yonex Mp tour 5 and lower powered racquets require a full swing I am finding. You could experiment with lowering tension or adding some lead to the head to increase power but the racquet will still require a full swing to get deep placement.

Grimjack
06-04-2005, 09:17 AM
My suggestion is to swing the way you like to swing, feel comfortable swinging, and play your best. Then, whichever racquet gives you the best results with this sort of swing, you should stick with.

Don't go fudging around with your game too much just because the switch from PD to Prestige is resulting in less power. OF COURSE it is. But if your shots were nice and deep with the PD, why worry about it? The Head is just a loaner, right? Seems like pretty good indication you're already playing with a stick more suited to your game. Kudos!

This isn't a problem, it's a solution. Puts you one step ahead of most lunkheads, as long as you realize it.