PDA

View Full Version : Kinetic 15G vs. Dunlop 300G

sgristina
06-04-2005, 11:16 AM
I am trying to choose between these two racquets. I have demoed the Dunlop from a local store but they do not carry Pro Kennex. I have heard great things about the Kinetic series.

I am considering the OS versions of these racquets. I have been playing for a couple of years - I have a moderate to fast swing - my strength is my baseline play - but I am inconsistent, which is why I prefer the OS at this point.

Any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated. I have been using the Prince Air Launch and I am ready for a change.

Thanks

IceT
06-04-2005, 12:22 PM
I assume you mean 15g Light, not the PSE.

The 15g is very light (too light for most people), head-heavy balanced, and has a lot more power. More open string pattern -> more spin potential. It's also a very arm-friendly racket.

The 300G is heavier, head-light, and doesn't have much power. You will probably get more control with this racket.

Both are pretty good racket, you just have to decide which one will suit you better. Make a list of what you like/don't like about your AirLaunch to get an idea of what you're looking for in your next racket.

goober
06-04-2005, 12:43 PM
if you have a moderate to fast swing you would probably be better off with the 300g OS. the 15g is a pretty powerful racquet.

sgristina
06-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Overall, I think the Prince Air launch is a good racquet, but I don't think it does anything well. It is easy on your arm, easy to maneuver, and good with slice shots. I think the negatives include serving with it, and the baseline ability.

I like the slightly heavier feel to the Dunlop that I demoed. I found the Dunlop easier to serve with, and hit from the baseline with, but difficult to hit slice shots with. I thought it felt nice.

Thanks for the help. If there is any other racquets you would like to recommend let me know.

Thanks

krnboijunsung
06-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Just add lead tape onto the 300G in the 12 o' clock position to help it add more power. I also find that the 300G's shots are weaker than other racquets. I also string them to low tension.

IceT
06-05-2005, 01:10 AM
If it's within your budget, demo the O3 red. It's 105inches, 10.5oz, 3pts HL, and a very comfortable racket. Seems like the specs you're looking for.

Other rackets you might want to look into: Radical OS, Ki 15 PSE/15g PSE, Yonex V-Con 17 OS.

snowpuppy
06-05-2005, 08:05 PM
cross 300g (and most likely the 15g light) out of your list. Unlike you are a beginning that is really really afraid any racquet with some weight, then you might like. Even then, once you get better, you will demand more weight. I've lead my 300g up to about 12 oz and have tried various lead tape configurations and still didn't like it. If i were you, i would go with the 15g pse. Has the OS size that you are looking for, a little heft (not too much), and very arm friendly.

tschevap
06-06-2005, 02:47 AM
Dont think so: i play 4.5 tennis and i like the 300G quite a lot...dont know why lots of folks here blame the lower weight...the PD, Storm, Warrior etc. are of the same weight and no one blames them for it...
The 300G has a little lower swingweight but if you have long loopy swings and some technique you will be fine with this one...
I played with lots of the heavier rackets...the last of them was the Tecnifibre 325...
But the 300G forces me to hit out on every occasion and that gives me lots of control and spin possibilities...
Dont get fooled by the weight issue...add a leather basegripr and the 300G feels just fine...
Go and try it... :)