PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow! BABOLAT!!!

KFwinds
06-04-2005, 01:21 PM
How come nobody told me that Babolat racquets were so good?! I just purchased the AeroPro Drive Std, my FIRST Babolat, and all I can say is - WOW! Now I understand why so many pros are hitting with these; I can't find any weaknesses yet, except it's a touch more powerful than what I'm used to. I think I'll be able to adjust to that, though :)

In the past few years I've tried just about everything else out there - you name it, I've probably owned it or demoed it (I feel your pain, Ben...), but for some reason I've passed by the Babolats. Seems now like a huge oversight on my part. This racquet is fantastic! Any comments (+/-) about this or other Babolats are welcome. Any other Babs I should try?

A Defenseless Creature
06-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Report back your experience after a couple of months. Many people fall in love with the power and later come to realize why some refer to them as "Back Alot."

Grimjack
06-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Bought a PD for an extended demo a couple years ago. Playing with it aggravated an old biceps injury (that I thought had gone completely away -- nothing else before or since has aggravated it in the least), and even if it hadn't physically hurt to play with, I thought it felt like #### on the court.

I hear good things about the Aero Controls, but I'm hesitant to demo or buy, now that I've had such a negative experience with Bab. Will probably give it a pass during my soon-upcoming new racquet search.

ATXtennisaddict
06-04-2005, 02:17 PM
I have hit with the Aeropro Control, I must say it doesn't suit me well. Don't like the feel of hitting as much as my POG OS.

Grimjack
06-04-2005, 02:43 PM
I have hit with the Aeropro Control, I must say it doesn't suit me well. Don't like the feel of hitting as much as my POG OS.

That's what I like to hear, as the POG OS is right near the top of my very short list.

andfor
06-04-2005, 03:10 PM
That's what I like to hear, as the POG OS is right near the top of my very short list.

Try the Pure Storm. It's Babolat's closest thing to a "players" racquet.

Michelangelo
06-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Touch/feel is one of the weakness of Babolat rackets generally. I love Babolat strings though.

twocents
06-04-2005, 06:00 PM
KF winds or anyone else,
I've been demoing the the AeroPro "Plus" version for more than a week now and am planning on buying one this week. I've demoed just about everything out there except the "Standard" version. I can't get my hands on one. Why did you chose the "Standard" over the "Plus"? My serve is huge now but my volleys are off because of the length when I'm jammed. Do you serve as well with the "Standard"? The swingweight is higher for the "Plus" but it doesn't seem to be a problem except for quick exhanges at the net when playing doubles. The positives greatly exceed the negatives. I want to demo a "Standard" before I buy. (i have done TW searches on Aeropro)
Thanks for ANY MORE reponses.
Does anyone have eiher to sell? I need a 4 3/8 grip.

PistolPete
06-04-2005, 06:08 PM
The Aeropro Drive feels like the exact opposite of my current Pro Staff Tour 90's.

06-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Whatís funny is i have more touch/control/and feel with the babolat's compared to other racquets. i guess it just depends on the player holding the racquet. I wish i could use them but since im injury prone itís not worth it for me. I demoed the new aero control and only after an hour of hitting it re-aggravated my tendonitis in my wrist, so i crossed that one off my list. I'll tell you if it weren't for my injuries/injury proneness (shoulder,wrist) I would probably be using the aero control or the pure control in extended length. Babolatís are great racquets for those with aggressive styles and those who arenít injury prone.

wildmoose31
06-04-2005, 08:11 PM
The Aeropro Drive feels like the exact opposite of my current Pro Staff Tour 90's.
Now theres a shocker

ffrpg
06-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I tried out the Babolat Aeropro Control over a month ago and I would have to say that it isn't too great. It's a nice racquet that can generate a lot of spin, but it isn't really for me. It has more power than I care for.

cypr1
06-04-2005, 09:44 PM
You wouldnt be able to get real feeling and touch of new racket until you play with it for two or three months.

Kirko
06-04-2005, 09:47 PM
yeah, babolat is "there" . My sister bought an aeropro drive & she's hitting the ball a "ton".; especially with the gut job she ha in it.

Rafa Nadal
06-05-2005, 01:13 AM
I Love my Aeropro !

KFwinds
06-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Cool; I figured there would be some negative responses, which is fine - everyone has their own taste in power and feel, but I think I may have found mine!

I had a couple of hitting sessions and two full matches with my AeroPro Drive (Std.) now, and so far so good. Boy does this stick make hitting easy! I'm still trying to "dial in" a few of my shots, but as nice as this stick feels I think it will be worth it. I'm also wondering if some of you who have complained about the feel of these racquets may have used strings that are too stiff or strung at a tension too high. The racquet does already feel stiff, but it's an "easy/crisp" kind of stiffness...almost like a PS 6.0 95 strung with gut. I like the feel. I'll maybe check back later after spending some more time with it.

-Kevin

black_spin
06-06-2005, 01:30 AM
I used to use a Pure Drive + but had to string at 62lbs to bring it under control and the shock was going into my arm - so I had to dump it - nice stick but too painful for me. I got an NCT Tour so I could experiment with lead tape (I raised it's weight to 11.3 ounces) and to be honest while it TRULY kicks ***, once again the stiffness of the frame is causing me problems, which is a real shame because I love it.

Babolat frames are more powerful no doubt - but if you are playing well and hitting the sweetspot there's no problem in my experience.

I think the guy before summed it up perfectly - great sticks for those who rip it and are not injury prone.