PDA

View Full Version : BEST RACQUET POLL---ROUND I (final version)

donnyz89
06-04-2005, 01:56 PM
[U]Gosh i apologize for starting another poll but last time i forgot to include prince... again, this will be the last time. if i mess up again, i wont make another.[U] :)

PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS

last time ppl never read the directions, and i guess i didnt wait long enough for the first poll so ill start over and hope we'll get better results.

ROUND 1--- will consist of all the brands, big or small, if its on TW then its on the poll. After 1 week, the top 2 brands will move on to ROUND 2.
VOTE FOR THE BEST OVERALL BRAND, NOT the brand w/your fav racquet in.

ROUND 2--- The top 2 brands from week 1 will be seperated into series such as flexpoint, O3, nCode, etc. After another week, the top series will move on to ROUND 3
VOTE FOR THE BEST SERIES OVERALL, NOT the series w/your racquet in.

ROUND 3--- The top series from last round will be seperated into different racquets.
VOTE FOR THE RACQUET YOU THINK IS THE BEST QUALITY WISE, NOT what suits you necesarily.

Grimjack
06-04-2005, 02:21 PM
[U]Gosh i apologize for starting another poll but last time i forgot to include prince... again, this will be the last time. if i mess up again, i wont make another.[U] :)

PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS

last time ppl never read the directions, and i guess i didnt wait long enough for the first poll so ill start over and hope we'll get better results.

ROUND 1--- will consist of all the brands, big or small, if its on TW then its on the poll. After 1 week, the top 2 brands will move on to ROUND 2.
VOTE FOR THE BEST OVERALL BRAND, NOT the brand w/your fav racquet in.

ROUND 2--- The top 2 brands from week 1 will be seperated into series such as flexpoint, O3, nCode, etc. After another week, the top series will move on to ROUND 3
VOTE FOR THE BEST SERIES OVERALL, NOT the series w/your racquet in.

ROUND 3--- The top series from last round will be seperated into different racquets.
VOTE FOR THE RACQUET YOU THINK IS THE BEST QUALITY WISE, NOT what suits you necesarily.

I voted by your criteria. But you do understand that by this methodology, people can not vote for what they feel is the "best racquet," unless that racquet happens to belong to the brand AND series they think is deepest? Don't see how it's a "best racquet poll."

Voted Wilson, but they don't have a single racquet I'd consider purchasing. They just happen to have most of my #6 through #12 or so choices.

donnyz89
06-04-2005, 02:29 PM
I voted by your criteria. But you do understand that by this methodology, people can not vote for what they feel is the "best racquet," unless that racquet happens to belong to the brand AND series they think is deepest? Don't see how it's a "best racquet poll."

Voted Wilson, but they don't have a single racquet I'd consider purchasing. They just happen to have most of my #6 through #12 or so choices.

well, my criteria was for you vote for the best brand overall... it might not have THE best racquet, but there arent really many ways to figure out a "best" racquet with polls. I have to round down one catogory at a time.

its kind of like voting for a heisman, THE best quality/talented player might not always win, but its fun to see what this will end up.

If anyone can come up with another method, plz do share... it might be interesting to see the results from different methods, see if the racquet match.

donnyz89
06-05-2005, 07:44 AM
bump, we need more votes

donnyz89
06-05-2005, 03:41 PM
7:41 pm est

62 total votes.

4 days left

Lakoste
06-05-2005, 06:48 PM
bump, we need more votes

what does bump mean

ATXtennisaddict
06-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Bump means bringing up the thread.

snowpuppy
06-05-2005, 07:11 PM
you know... seriously... this is more like a brand popularity and their market share than quality poll. Just look at the current results.....

TwistServe
06-05-2005, 08:35 PM
you know... seriously... this is more like a brand popularity and their market share than quality poll. Just look at the current results.....

Exactly.. everyone votes for the brand they current using or used..

I voted for Prince because I'm using an O3 tour lol

donnyz89
06-06-2005, 12:13 PM

not always... i use a babolat pure storm... however, i found most babolat racquets quite stiff and lack of feel and too much power. I voted for prince just because i really like the combination of power and control they have with a few racquets like diablo, shark, graphite, nxg graphite. and the price is great too.

5:50 pm estern

96 votes.

FREDDY
06-06-2005, 07:37 PM

it should be top four!!!!!

Lakoste
06-06-2005, 07:48 PM
thatd be funny if head and wilson are picked again, thatd mean that all the alter versions were useless

donnyz89
06-08-2005, 11:49 AM
thatd be funny if head and wilson are picked again, thatd mean that all the alter versions were useless

true... this proves my point for those complainers who whines about companies like volkl and slazenger and etc.

i cant do top 4 because there wouldnt be enough spots for the series...

so, one more day for voting... closes tomorow. 3:50, 116 votes.

i think this is enough time for everyone who participates in the board to vote. i left this open for a good 5 days with it being bumped up most of the time.

last few votes will really make the difference with babolat/head...

donnyz89
06-09-2005, 02:17 AM
last day of voting. poll closes today at 5:00 i think.

124 votes so far.