PDA

View Full Version : Best Entry Level Stringer for Stringing Polys

snoopy
10-21-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't need to string many racquets, maybe 20 a year. However when I do string, I primarily use polys.

I know it's possible to string polys on the X-2, Klippermate, and String Pal.

Is one machine easier to string poly on than another?

Should I look at different machines?

Thanks.

Radicalized
10-23-2010, 01:21 AM
I have the X-2. I have no problem with polys.

Dgpsx7
10-23-2010, 01:25 AM
I have the X-2. I have no problem with polys.

same, I use MSV Hex 1.10 with no issues.

dgdawg
10-23-2010, 06:10 AM
same, I use MSV Hex 1.10 with no issues.

Dude.... you a crackhead???
My biggest obsessions: Crackberry-stringing racquet's-playing tennis......in that order.
CB screen name: berryjunkie

Power Player
10-23-2010, 08:40 AM
String pal works perfect here.

beernutz
10-23-2010, 10:27 AM

Dude.... you a crackhead???
My biggest obsessions: Crackberry-stringing racquet's-playing tennis......in that order.
CB screen name: berryjunkie
I have to ask, what is all that?

snoopy
10-23-2010, 10:38 AM
PowerPlayer, how is the StringPal holding up?

The Stringpal seems to be the perfect compromise between the Klippermate and the X-2.

The Klippermate has better clamps but no ratchet and the X-2 has a ratchet but cruddy clamps.

The stringpal seems like a nice little machine since it has a linear gripper,a ratchet mechanism, and metal clamps. But I've read about problems with the base bending and I read that the clamps aren't neccessarily all that great.

pyrokid
10-23-2010, 11:53 AM
I've got a silent partner swing here and love it.

Not a linear gripper but that hasn't caused any problems after the first 20 or so jobs, and the thing is built like a tank... the base is made of something like 1/2 inch steel, everything moves really well, the ratchet is completely silent and smooth, semi-six point mounting... I love it.

GPB
10-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah, count me in for a Swing.

My comment about stringing polys is that I use my ratchet/clutch a LOT for poly string jobs. It's a nice crutch to have :)

snoopy
10-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Unfortunately the SP Swing no longer is an option since it's not available on SP's website. The Eagnas knock-off version of the swing is a possibility but then you have to take into account all the bad experiences people have had with Eagnas.

aussie
10-24-2010, 05:35 PM
No probs with the Klippermate - Wison Enduro Tour & Mono, SPPP, Kirsb'um Competition, Big Banger Original, Topspin Cyberflash, Genesis Heptonic (my fav poly btw) and others I've forgotten about.

topanlego
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
String Pal works great. I've strung SG, Poly, and NG. No problems yet. The it comes with are good. A suggestion is to get the Swingway triple clamp as they are good for those crosses that the head/throat that are wide apart.

Power Player
10-25-2010, 07:57 AM
PowerPlayer, how is the StringPal holding up?

The Stringpal seems to be the perfect compromise between the Klippermate and the X-2.

The Klippermate has better clamps but no ratchet and the X-2 has a ratchet but cruddy clamps.

The stringpal seems like a nice little machine since it has a linear gripper,a ratchet mechanism, and metal clamps. But I've read about problems with the base bending and I read that the clamps aren't neccessarily all that great.

I have had no problems with the base, but the clamps were ok. I still use them, but I bought some stringway clamps. What makes the string pal really good is the gripper. It is just really fast and easy to use once you figure it out.

I am so used to stringing poly now that when I string up a soft string, it takes longer because I am not used to the stretching!