PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Nano Speed RQ

dirtballer
06-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Has anyone tried the new Yonex Nano Speed rackets? Any comments? Are they similar to any other racket?

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-04-2005, 05:34 PM
I tried the RQ7. Very dampened feel. Really enjoyed the grip that comes standard on it. Too light though. The feel is great, almost as good as the RDX 500 Mid, and weighted up, I'm sure it could do some great things.

El Diablo
06-04-2005, 05:40 PM
I tried the 7-MP. Slightly crisper feel than the V-Con 17, reminded me a little of the new NPro 98 (the green one) in that it similarly feels underweight and ready to be pushed around by hard hitters. Not destined to be a classic -- plenty of better choices in the Yonex lineup. But worthy of consideration for 3.5 or lower players.

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-04-2005, 05:48 PM
El Diablo,
I thought the NPro 98 was very uncomfortable. The RQ-7 MP was quite comfortable. It didn't even really need a dampener. As far as modern, 'tweener racquets go, it's the most comfortable one I've used--although I've heard the same about the V-Con 17. I agree with you on the weight issue. Overall, the Babolat Pure Drive would probably bring a bigger boost in power to one's game, but the Yonex feels more traditional and versatile. That said, I'm sure after people use it, they will prefer either the Shark or Pure Drive. The 'tweener is a tough niche to make a big splash in.