PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone with a Eagnes help me out?

Carlito
10-23-2010, 10:34 AM
I just bought a flex 920 used and I didn't get a manual. I just need info on how to calibrate the tension head and how to adjust the clamp base. I went to the website and is said look at the manual.

I just need to know what I need to do to the head to calibrate the tension, ie what screws to turn and which way. The clamp bases are also slipping a little and I was wondering what to do about it.

mad dog1
10-23-2010, 01:37 PM
to tighten the base clamps: look under the turntable. there should be 2 hex nuts that are fastened to the base clamp bolt. you need to tighten these nuts. the top nut is used to tighten/loosen the base clamp. the bottom nut just serves as a lock nut to prevent the top nut from moving.

dancraig
10-23-2010, 04:42 PM
To calibrate:

You will need a calibrator to do this.
Set the tension head to 60 pounds. Put the string from one end of the calibrator in a clamp and the other in the gripper. Pull tension several times and check the calibrator reading.

Use 2mm allen wrench to loosen the safety screw. It is on the block of metal attached to the larger gripper part. To increase tension turn the tension adjustment screw counterclockwise using a 2.5mm allen wrench, clockwise to decrease tension. The tension adjustment screw is just 'around the corner' from the safety screw, facing to your left on the small metal block.
When you get it pulling correct tension, tighten back down the safety screw.

dancraig
10-23-2010, 04:52 PM
To calibrate:

Set the tension head to 60 pounds. Put the string from one end of the calibrator in a clamp and the other in the gripper. Pull tension several times and check the calibrator reading.

Use 2mm allen wrench to loosen the safety screw. It is on the block of metal attached to the larger gripper part. To increase tension turn the tension adjustment screw counterclockwise using a 2.5mm allen wrench, clockwise to decrease tension. The tension adjustment screw is just 'around the corner' from the safety screw, facing to your left on the small metal block.

http://www.eagnas.com/maxgen2/tcg100.html#tcg100op

Carlito
10-23-2010, 07:13 PM
To calibrate:

Thanks. Got it done. Why did they have to make it so complicated though. You know how hard it is to find allan wrenches that size