PDA

View Full Version : How good am I?

NotSoSuper
10-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Take a look at my video. I could use some more opinions.

http://vimeo.com/16130021

Thanks

Oops wrong section. Can this be moved to the college tennis section?

dlk
10-24-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm a low 3.5, so you look great to me. Your competiton was stout. I like your backhand & how you stay low. Looking foward to hear from the teaching pros, other college players, & higher level players. Good Luck.

jejunumforehand
10-24-2010, 04:49 PM
You are pretty darn good. You were playing a former (?) professional tour level player. Your strokes, serves and volleys are all sound. Your opponent had a NASTY slice backhand and you delt will with that also. IF you keep it up you could go a long way in the NCAA. Nice video and good luck!

andfor
10-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Take a look at my video. I could use some more opinions.

http://vimeo.com/16130021

Thanks

Oops wrong section. Can this be moved to the college tennis section?

You're a legitimate 4 star recruit with a winning record, have wins over a Blue Chip and 5 stars. IMO you should have a shot at the least getting to talk with U of A and Northern AZ looks like they have 4 stars. I bet there's a bunch of Californa mid to large D-1 programs that would be interested. If you wanted to play in the south or east you could play at a bunch of schools there. Again, IMO with your record do you really need a video? Where do you want to go to school?

I know 4 stars here in the south at East Carolina, Appilachian State and University of Memphis to name a few. Those schools would like to talk with you. Three 4 stars have already signed with SEC schools and last year three 4-stars signed with Pac-10 schools.

Also, there are posts in the college section on how to make a video. You need to cut it up and make it about 5 minutes long, have a few games in there. Also have a clip of you drilling and working out on the court, moving your feet, working hard, etc. Coaches won't sit through a long video, they get a bunch of them and don't have time.

Have any schools approached you yet?

NotSoSuper
10-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the responses guys I appreciate it.

You're a legitimate 4 star recruit with a winning record, have wins over a Blue Chip and 5 stars. IMO you should have a shot at the least getting to talk with U of A and Northern AZ looks like they have 4 stars. I bet there's a bunch of Californa mid to large D-1 programs that would be interested. If you wanted to play in the south or east you could play at a bunch of schools there. Again, IMO with your record do you really need a video? Where do you want to go to school?

I know 4 stars here in the south at East Carolina, Appilachian State and University of Memphis to name a few. Those schools would like to talk with you. Three 4 stars have already signed with SEC schools and last year three 4-stars signed with Pac-10 schools.

Also, there are posts in the college section on how to make a video. You need to cut it up and make it about 5 minutes long, have a few games in there. Also have a clip of you drilling and working out on the court, moving your feet, working hard, etc. Coaches won't sit through a long video, they get a bunch of them and don't have time.

Have any schools approached you yet?

No, no schools have approached me...yet. But one coach I was talking to requested a video of me playing a set, so thats why it is so long.

I really have no preference of school, as long as it has a decent business program. At this point I'm just trying to gain some exposure.

andfor
10-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the responses guys I appreciate it.

No, no schools have approached me...yet. But one coach I was talking to requested a video of me playing a set, so thats why it is so long.

I really have no preference of school, as long as it has a decent business program. At this point I'm just trying to gain some exposure.

If I may suggest, on your Tennis recruiting.com profile list, the schools you are interested in. I think you can list up to 10. You can also change them later on if you want. Many coaches subscribe to the service and they may notice your tagging their school. It could not hurt.

I like your style. You like to come to net and many college coach will also favor that for a number of reasons. That was a nasty slice approach Jerome hit on set point!

Start reaching out to programs you are interested in now if they have not reached out to you. Your a junior now and most coaches have identified their players for 2011 and are starting to work on 2012. Send them a letter over viewing what you want to get out of school achedemically and by playing college tennis individually and team wise. Also develop and include a one page tennis resume with rankings, accomplishments, camps and junior development programs attended and 2 or 3 coaches who will act as a reference for you if the coach wants to contact them. Don't provide their contact info. Let the coach know your references and video are available upon request. It may give them a reason to contact you.

Others here may also provide good advice.

Good luck to you.

NotSoSuper
10-24-2010, 05:48 PM
If I may suggest, on your Tennis recruiting.com profile list, the schools you are interested in. I think you can list up to 10. You can also change them later on if you want. Many coaches subscribe to the service and they may notice your tagging their school. It could not hurt.

I like your style. You like to come to net and many college coach will also favor that for a number of reasons. That was a nasty slice approach Jerome hit on set point!

Start reaching out to programs you are interested in now if they have not reached out to you. Your a junior now and most coaches have identified their players for 2011 and are starting to work on 2012. Send them a letter over viewing what you want to get out of school achedemically and by playing college tennis individually and team wise. Also develop and include a one page tennis resume with rankings, accomplishments, camps and junior development programs attended and 2 or 3 coaches who will act as a reference for you if the coach wants to contact them. Don't provide their contact info. Let the coach know your references and video are available upon request. It may give them a reason to contact you.

Others here may also provide good advice.

Good luck to you.

Thanks for the advice. I have typed up what you've described, but most of the coaches I've emailed havn't answered :-? ..

But its a process, and I've still got a bit of time.

Thanks again.

MurrayisBEAST
10-24-2010, 06:06 PM
I think you could be D2 on a college tennis team.

andfor
10-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have typed up what you've described, but most of the coaches I've emailed havn't answered :-? ..

But its a process, and I've still got a bit of time.

Thanks again.

Last bit of advice. I know it's a old fashioned but use snail mail too. I guarantee they have to be getting much more email now a days. A real letter will stand out and shows you mean business. The coach or his assistant will open it.

NotSoSuper
10-24-2010, 06:41 PM
^ Alright thanks for the help man, your a boss.

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
10-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Your opponent did a awsome tweener!
You are very good, nice footwork.

One thing though, your forehand takeback looks a little bit restricted in the movement. Dunno but it seems to work so DW

Larrysümmers
10-24-2010, 08:53 PM
you got 3 games off of a former top 1500 player, id say youre pretty good. and your results speak for themselves. and plus you have 2 seasons of tennis before you go to school. you are in great shape for some pretty good d1 schools

goran_ace
10-24-2010, 09:55 PM
you got 3 games off of a former top 1500 player, id say youre pretty good. and your results speak for themselves. and plus you have 2 seasons of tennis before you go to school. you are in great shape for some pretty good d1 schools

I agree. don't sweat it. you'll be fine.

a video is not a big deal since your tennis resume will stand on its own.