PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Upgrading my clamps

top_amateur
10-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Currently using Gamma X-2 and its 2 bulky clamps. I'm considering upgrading to Stringway. Just checked their website, there are 2 kinds:

* Stringway Tennis Flying Clamp
* Stringway Triple Flying Clamp

I'm thinking of buying one each, but also having the concern if this will cause any problem or not?

Any comment?

BobFL
10-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Imho, triple would be an overkill. Btw, I would like to recommend Silent Partner flying clamps! The best flying clamps ever...

http://www.sptennis.com/stringer.asp ---> Accessories ($30ea)

topanlego
10-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Contact Alpha as they are the distributors in North America. I have a triple and it's the best clamp I've ever used. I'll be getting myself the double for the holidays this year! You won't regret getting them, unless you're goal is to upgrade to fixed clamps at some point.

The SP clamps (similar to the Alpha String Pal clamps and the Eagnas flying clamps) are ok but will never be as good as the SW clamps.

top_amateur
10-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Yup, that's why I want to invest a little more to get the ones with better reputation. I remember reading one thread from a guy from France on this board about getting one triple and one regular, but not sure if this is a good idea.

Contact Alpha as they are the distributors in North America. I have a triple and it's the best clamp I've ever used. I'll be getting myself the double for the holidays this year! You won't regret getting them, unless you're goal is to upgrade to fixed clamps at some point.

The SP clamps (similar to the Alpha String Pal clamps and the Eagnas flying clamps) are ok but will never be as good as the SW clamps.

topanlego
10-25-2010, 01:36 PM
I think it's a good idea. I just couldn't afford to get both when I ordered my triple. Will order a double in the next few months to complement the double. The triple works so nice that I hate working with the stock clamps that came with my stringer.

top_amateur
10-25-2010, 01:59 PM
right, the price really keeps me hesitating for a while