PDA

View Full Version : Bad Footwork

raftermania
06-04-2005, 09:37 PM
http://artsweb.uwaterloo.ca/~jdu/images/badfootwork.jpg
Hey Kids, you can get a lot of dating/clubbing tips from the Flipper - but don't follow his advice on footwork!

MChong
06-05-2005, 12:44 AM
I don't get it! What's wrong with it?!

Oh.. and /sarcasm.

westside
06-05-2005, 04:27 AM
What balance. LOL

ATXtennisaddict
06-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Double ouch. Who's that?

Kana Himezaki
06-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Mark Philippoussis, I believe. I hope I spelled it right. x.X At least I think he's called the Flipper.

OUCH.

thejackal
06-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Look up a video of michael stich's run to the net to get a drop shot. It's about 100 times worse.

MChong
06-05-2005, 04:07 PM
What balance. LOL

Oh, isn't it evident he has good balance? I mean if he can stay upright with his legs in such positions, I'd say that's good balance. ;)

raftermania
06-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Jackal, I saw that dude snapping his ankle. It's floating around the p2p networks. I didn't know it was Michael Stich though!

Flip/Flipper is Mark Phillipoussis (sp?), and yes he did sprain his ankle in that shot. A moment after, he fell to the ground and couldn't get back up.

BigbangerNYC
06-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Hey Kids, you can get a lot of dating/clubbing tips from the Flipper - but don't follow his advice on footwork!

Don't laugh, it might happen to you one day. Happened to me in a recent match. What happened was that I ran full speed to retrieve an angle shot from my opponent, then I had to stop abruptly to meet the ball.... my shoe's outter edge caught hard on the court surface and kind of turned my ankle. I finished and won the match by serving from my hind leg and hitting moonballs to allow me enough time to limp and hop to my next position. I'll never forget that.

raftermania
06-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Even if it happened to me, I'd still laugh about it. The other week I hyper-extended my shoulder ligaments from imitating Safin's jack-knife backhand, but it's all good and it was well worth it.

devwizard
06-09-2005, 12:14 AM
This is actually pretty familiar to me....I have rolled/sprained my ankle at least 5 times over the last 1-2 years. In one match, I went up for a kicking overhead, but when I brought my feet down found myself about 30 degrees off kilter, landing and completely rolling over my right foot. Being the dumb@$$ I am, though, I decided to continue the match. About 4 shots later I tried to really step into a deep forehand shot, and when I brought my foot down that time I rolled it the OTHER way...I just collapsed onto the court for about 10 minutes and hobbled my way around campus for a good month.

So, I feel his pain! :-)

raftermania
06-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Devwizard, perhaps we should post your message in the useful threads stickie to show people what NOT to do after rolling your foot!

Jonnyf
06-09-2005, 01:14 PM
devwizard:
man i hope you had a mate with a camera near lol as long as you weren't too badly hurt

william
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
not quite relevant but:
http://stfunoob.com/movies/?page=18
click on number 534
sorry if already posted

TennisAsAlways
04-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Hey Kids, you can get a lot of dating/clubbing tips from the Flipper - but don't follow his advice on footwork!Raftermania, I like your style! You tell us "what not to do".

slewisoh
04-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Which ankle did he sprain? Difficult to tell...

Yuki Kirihara
04-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Uh, the last post before the last three was...almost a year ago? June 2005.

TennisAsAlways
04-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Duh.... uh, so what!

serveBig
04-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Which ankle did he sprain? Difficult to tell...
I think it was his left ankle.. he did it in the last game of the match.. he was up 6-4, 5-2 at nasdaq.. somehow played on and won the match against Christophe Rochus, but had to forfeit his next match. He was out for a couple months, because it was a ligament tear. He then wore an ankle brace during queens and wimbledon... but ended up tearing the ligaments in his left ankle during his 2nd rd loss against marat. Mark now wears ankle braces on both ankles,lol.