PDA

View Full Version : Stringway ML100, SP Jazz, Gamma X-ST

rd0707
10-25-2010, 12:29 PM
I understand the pros/cons of the crank vs drop weight constant pull technology. I was looking for some advice on evaluating the table, clamps and mounting systems of the above machines.

I was looking at these options when considering the clamps:

SP Jazz: Upgraded clamps to the ones on the Opus machine (The string clamps that are include with the machine are a 5 tooth cast metal clamp. The upgraded clamps are 3 tooth diamond dusted clamps. The base clamps on the Jazz are cone lock, which screw down. The upgrade base clamps are what we call Posi-Torque clamps. They are slightly spring assisted but are extremely smooth and are more stable.

Stringway ML 100: Upgrade to T92.

Gamma X-ST: As the come

Darkhors
10-26-2010, 09:21 AM
I am probably a little biased, but I don't think you can go wrong with the Stringway. I own a ML100-T92 and absolutely love it. The clamps are great. I've never had a problem with them crushing string or anything like that. In fact there have been times when I thought maybe it was too tight and realized that it was just right. No damage or slipping. The single action clamps are extremely nice to have, I'm not sure if I'd be willing to go back to dual, unless I absolutely had to.

Mouting - By far Stringway had the best mounting of the 3. The direct and indirect mounting of stringway holds the racket stable and keeps the racket from deforming. Unlike a 6pt system, the stress on the racket is minimized by the supports holding the frame from pulling inwards (on the mains).

Table - The table is made of extremely high quality and strength. It has a 12pt locking unit which is far better than any screw type break and the towers are easily moveable.

Some other factors you may be interested in are the fact that you can break down the entire stringer in under a minute. It's easily transportable and has the best tensioning system out there. You can also buy a stand for it when at home.

Hope this helps,

DH

TennezSport
10-26-2010, 12:51 PM
I have to second Darkhors on all points. I have strung on everything out there and nothing beats the quality, accuracy and craftmanship of the Stringway machines (I do not work or sell Stringway either). Very acurate machines with my fav being the MS200. Best of luck.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

rd0707
10-26-2010, 01:21 PM
I am leaning towards the Stringway. Have either of you had experience in stringing Prince O3's on the Stringway? Any problems?

Edberg
10-26-2010, 01:23 PM
If the MS200 was about 500 bucks cheaper than I would have bought it. Instead I got the Alpha Axis Pro then added the Wise tension head.

I have been happy with it.

Darkhors
10-26-2010, 01:37 PM
I've done plenty of 03 rackets on the stringway and the table break is awesome for this. It has a 12pt locking system, so there are 12 holes in the table where a pin will lock the table. It's by far one of the best locking units I've seen and I've never had an issue when doing the the O ports or the EXO rackets.

TennezSport, I was thinking of getting the MS200, but I just didn't have the money for it, so I opted for the ML100 and I'm going to buy a stand for it this winter. However, I would love to have the foot action pedal instead of the drop weight :) Both machines are awesome though.

Regards,

DH

mad dog1
10-26-2010, 02:54 PM
no doubt the foot pedal on the ms200 is sweet. and the tension head is super when it comes to accuracy. now that the allen screw adjustment in the string clamp has been replaced by the adjustment knob, i might just have to start saving up my pennies for a new ms200 w/ concorde system.