PDA

View Full Version : Which wing is more consistent?

ktncnttl
06-05-2005, 05:07 AM
My 2H backhand is much more consistent and has just the same power as my forehand or even more. I guess I am a backhand person. Is that common for most people to have a more consistent backhand? How about yours?

Tennis Ball Hitter
06-05-2005, 06:50 AM
Very often in games I feel my BH is more consistent but this is most likely because I try less things with it.

POGO
06-05-2005, 07:00 AM
My 2hb is also more consistant than my western forehand. I get the same amount of spin on both wings and have also the same amount of pace, but my backhand is more defensive and I hit more winners on my forehand.

ktncnttl
06-05-2005, 07:04 AM
My 2hb is also more consistant than my western forehand. I get the same amount of spin on both wings and have also the same amount of pace, but my backhand is more defensive and I hit more winners on my forehand.
Thats strange, if your backhand is more consistent and have the same pace and spin, it should be better than your forehand and consequently hits more winners.

POGO
06-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Thats strange, if your backhand is more consistent and have the same pace and spin, it should be better than your forehand and consequently hits more winners.
My backhand is more defensive, so I take less risk on that side, but I take more risks on my forehand to have more winners. The defensive side gets the ball in the court more, but not necessaily winners. I can change up directions and pace more on my forehands.

ambro
06-05-2005, 08:18 AM
My 2HBH used to be the more consistent side of mine, and the most offensive. I could hit Nadal-like angles with it. But I didn't like it, and thought the 1HBH looked much nicer, so I switched to it. It's not quite as good yet, but I just recently switched, so I'm hoping it gets as good if not better than my 2HBH.

To answer the question, as of now, my forehand topspin is more consistent than my backhand topspin but my backhand slice is my most consistent shot.

TennsDog
06-05-2005, 08:25 AM
My forehand is a weapon, but I miss more with it, partly because I use it more. My backhand can have very good pace and spin -- perhaps I should use it as more of a weapon than I do. I would probably say my backhand is slightly more consistant overall.

ktncnttl
06-05-2005, 08:39 AM
I think we have a pattern here. The backhand is really the more consistent shot. I have read somewhere that the backhand is a more natural shot for the human anatomy. I guess it is probably true.

FREDDY
06-05-2005, 10:56 AM
yeah my backhand side has always been more consistent and stronger, but a forehand is a forehand ;)