PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Link

tennis_tater
10-27-2010, 01:45 PM
I didn't start playing league until the last couple of years; however, I notice that when search player's history on Tennis Link, seems like the system only has "tennis history" going back to 2002. For those who have played in the league system for a while, was 2002 the year that matches were recorded on the web? The start of Tennis Link? If so, how were the matches recorded beforehand?

JoelDali
10-28-2010, 06:20 AM
http://dealbreaker.com/_old/2009/12/01/abacus.jpg

JavierLW
10-28-2010, 06:48 AM
I didn't start playing league until the last couple of years; however, I notice that when search player's history on Tennis Link, seems like the system only has "tennis history" going back to 2002. For those who have played in the league system for a while, was 2002 the year that matches were recorded on the web? The start of Tennis Link? If so, how were the matches recorded beforehand?

Actually it goes back to 2000. At least it does in our area, although perhaps our section was a pilot for it or something.

I ran a team in 1999 and we had to call scores in via a automated telephone system. That's where the "player number" really came into play because that's how you'd select who played in which match.... (otherwise it's kind of irrelevant today as far as Im concerned except for one captain that I play that just puts numbers on the lineup instead of names)

I dont remember how we knew where we stood in the league but a lot of stuff was communicated by snail mail which was really annoying.

It kind of sucks because I'd like to look at my results from that year but I cant. I turned in all our "info" (just the lineup sheets that were filled out on match day) to my successor as that was the only year I ran that team.