PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo, just got my Gamma X-ST

vkamphonephong
10-28-2010, 01:05 AM
When I got home today, my package was waiting right behind my door :) Let me tell you, this package is huge (that's what she said) - way bigger than I expected, but everything was securely packed and the package arrived right on time (6 days after I ordered).

After opening it, a styrofoam wall blocked the goodies. When I took it off, the box literally lit up as if it were a gold chest. My eyes opened wide and my ears shut off all sound as my GF called me to go eat dinner. I was hungry, but I just had to assemble the machine. My stomach can suffer as my eyes basked in the beauty of the machine.

On a serious note, it took me a good 15 minutes to install. The usual came with the machine - 5 sets of gamma strings, a user manual and a USRSA starter guide. It also came with a bunch of tools - Pathfinder Awl, Straight Awl, Hex Wrenches, Straight Pliers, Bent Nosed Pliers and a Diagonal Cutter. I already own most of these tools as I was stringing with a SP Swing prior to this purchase, but the inclusion of these tools is nice.

For now, as it is getting late, I will let you guys know that this thing is built like a tank, literally. Compared to my SP Swing, this thing is like a Mercedes compared to a Honda (I actually drive a Honda Accord and really enjoy it :) For those of you wondering about the brakes, they hold very well and at many angles.

That's all I have for now. I haven't strung a racquet yet, but I do have one waiting for me tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how that goes :)

tennisace23
10-28-2010, 03:05 AM
When I got home today, my package was waiting right behind my door :) Let me tell you, this package is huge (that's what she said) - way bigger than I expected, but everything was securely packed and the package arrived right on time (6 days after I ordered).

After opening it, a styrofoam wall blocked the goodies. When I took it off, the box literally lit up as if it were a gold chest. My eyes opened wide and my ears shut off all sound as my GF called me to go eat dinner. I was hungry, but I just had to assemble the machine. My stomach can suffer as my eyes basked in the beauty of the machine.

On a serious note, it took me a good 15 minutes to install. The usual came with the machine - 5 sets of gamma strings, a user manual and a USRSA starter guide. It also came with a bunch of tools - Pathfinder Awl, Straight Awl, Hex Wrenches, Straight Pliers, Bent Nosed Pliers and a Diagonal Cutter. I already own most of these tools as I was stringing with a SP Swing prior to this purchase, but the inclusion of these tools is nice.

For now, as it is getting late, I will let you guys know that this thing is built like a tank, literally. Compared to my SP Swing, this thing is like a Mercedes compared to a Honda (I actually drive a Honda Accord and really enjoy it :) For those of you wondering about the brakes, they hold very well and at many angles.

That's all I have for now. I haven't strung a racquet yet, but I do have one waiting for me tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how that goes :)

Hey now, I drive a honda too!! Take some pictures please if you can of your new machine!

tray999
10-28-2010, 03:06 AM
Good luck and have fun!

mikeler
10-28-2010, 05:55 AM
I love my X-ST. Just wished I had the new brake design when I was stringing Prince O-ports last year.

vkamphonephong
10-28-2010, 10:25 AM
The following images are pretty ****** as they were taken using my G1 Phone, the first of the Androids :(

The huge package after I carried it to my living room:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs256.snc4/40145_1680849904024_1320842802_31738760_4578719_n. jpg

The styrofoam that blocked the treasure :)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs449.ash2/72213_1680850024027_1320842802_31738761_5456966_n. jpg

vkamphonephong
10-28-2010, 10:27 AM
The Treasure after removing the foam
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs449.ash2/72213_1680850064028_1320842802_31738762_3036745_n. jpg

The parts and tools laid out on the floor
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs464.ash2/73751_1680850184031_1320842802_31738763_4150420_n. jpg

vkamphonephong
10-28-2010, 10:28 AM
The beast is alive!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs398.ash2/67693_1680850664043_1320842802_31738767_5609656_n. jpg

vkamphonephong
10-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Still haven't strung a racquet with it yet. I'm currently at work, but will probably string one when I get home. Can't wait!

Gamma Tech
10-28-2010, 01:47 PM

we didn't even pay him to say this, honestly.

bret

Irvin
10-29-2010, 03:34 AM

bret

Bret I would like to add one more point in here. When you treat your customers with the respect that Gamma does it comes back sooner or later.

When looking at the OP's post I can tell he did not order the stringer directly from Gamma. I ordered my stringer through an affiliate program directly from Gamma and it only took 2 days to get it. I also ordered 5 cases of tennis balls with Gamma points from the strings packs. I mailed out the cards on a Monday and had 5 cases of tennis balls sitting on my door step on Thursday.

It takes a lot of dedication from all of Gamma's employees to make all the different departments at Gamma work as well as they do and I want everyone at Gamma to know that I really appreciate it.

Irvin

Donny0627
10-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Bret I would like to add one more point in here. When you treat your customers with the respect that Gamma does it comes back sooner or later.

When looking at the OP's post I can tell he did not order the stringer directly from Gamma. I ordered my stringer through an affiliate program directly from Gamma and it only took 2 days to get it. I also ordered 5 cases of tennis balls with Gamma points from the strings packs. I mailed out the cards on a Monday and had 5 cases of tennis balls sitting on my door step on Thursday.

It takes a lot of dedication from all of Gamma's employees to make all the different departments at Gamma work as well as they do and I want everyone at Gamma to know that I really appreciate it.

Irvin

Irvin, what exactly do I send in for the frequent stringer program. Do i just cut out the part of the package that has the point number on it, or is it more complicated than that?

Irvin
10-29-2010, 09:21 AM
^^ That is all there is to it. The first time I sent in the whole card and needed a box to put it all in. I just called a while back and they said all you need is the point section off the card. You will also need to fill out the section of the frequent stringer that identifies who you are and what you want.

Irvin

Donny0627
10-29-2010, 01:08 PM
^^ That is all there is to it. The first time I sent in the whole card and needed a box to put it all in. I just called a while back and they said all you need is the point section off the card. You will also need to fill out the section of the frequent stringer that identifies who you are and what you want.

Irvin

do you do this online?

snoopy
10-29-2010, 03:18 PM
http://206.210.94.83/collaterals/pdf/2010_fsb_layout_web.pdf

Irvin
10-29-2010, 04:46 PM
^^ There you go follow that link and fill out all the information at the end and send it in with your points.

Irvin

vkamphonephong
10-29-2010, 10:03 PM

bret

I'd say more good things about the stringing machine if you do pay me :) J/K. I strung a couple of racquets with the machine and it is super quick and easy to use.

BTW, I made a dog house for my 2 pomeranian dogs with the box and put it in the garage :) They love it hahaha.

vkamphonephong
10-29-2010, 10:05 PM

Irvin

Irvin, I didn't know that you can order directly from them. Actually, I emailed them and they referred me to ATS sports.

There's a Frequent Stringer Program? Wow, I wish I heard about this earlier. I would like to rack up points :)

coachrick
10-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Irvin, I didn't know that you can order directly from them(Gamma). Actually, I emailed them and they referred me to ATS sports.
:)

Cue: Sound of cat being let out of bag. :)

Irvin
10-30-2010, 01:58 AM
Irvin, I didn't know that you can order directly from them. Actually, I emailed them and they referred me to ATS sports.

There's a Frequent Stringer Program? Wow, I wish I heard about this earlier. I would like to rack up points :)

Not anyone can but USPTA pros could.

Look on the back of all Gamma string cards and you will see the point value. http://206.210.94.83/collaterals/pdf/2010_fsb_layout_web.pdf

Irvin

innoVAShaun
10-30-2010, 01:59 AM
I've had mine for 5 years now. It still works like a champ stringing-wise.

I've had to perform maintenance like oiling up the crank and calibrating the tensioner at least once a year.

The worst thing that has happened to it, is the bolt (as indicated below) has worn down and I need to find a replacement. I just add washers to stall the process.

I would also recommend the stand too!

http://oi53.tinypic.com/2dmd7m.jpg

innoVAShaun
10-30-2010, 02:05 AM
Here's an old pic, but like I said, the stand does wonders:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/innovashaun/Tennis/866e3edc.jpg

coachrick
10-30-2010, 07:57 AM
Not anyone can but USPTA pros could.

Look on the back of all Gamma string cards and you will see the point value. http://206.210.94.83/collaterals/pdf/2010_fsb_layout_web.pdf

Irvin

I wonder if it's my FireFox that won't open that file. It starts to open and then shuts down. Never had that happen before.(Same as when I tried that same link on the Gamma site)??? Odd, I have the items/point value page from a previous download, but can't put my hands on the other pages. Dang computers!!! They'll NEVER catch on!

Irvin
10-30-2010, 10:25 AM
^^ That link is on the Gamma Sports page it is just a pdf file.

Irvin

mikeler
10-30-2010, 10:48 AM
I wonder if it's my FireFox that won't open that file. It starts to open and then shuts down. Never had that happen before.(Same as when I tried that same link on the Gamma site)??? Odd, I have the items/point value page from a previous download, but can't put my hands on the other pages. Dang computers!!! They'll NEVER catch on!

FireFox has never handled PDFs well. Google Chrome also seems to have issues at times.

mikeler
10-30-2010, 10:49 AM
I bought the stand and 4 caster wheels to move it around. I'm really happy with my X-ST setup.

coachrick
10-30-2010, 01:00 PM
FireFox has never handled PDFs well. Google Chrome also seems to have issues at times.

IE handled it just fine. Still, I'm pretty sure I downloaded the 'price sheet' on FF a while back. No matter, I suppose.

mikeler
10-30-2010, 02:27 PM
IE handled it just fine. Still, I'm pretty sure I downloaded the 'price sheet' on FF a while back. No matter, I suppose.

IE seems to have the fewest issues with PDFs.