PDA

View Full Version : Which Head Radical Model is Least Liked or Considered a Flop?

POGO
06-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Over the years the Head Radicals were hot sellers, but out of all the Head Radical models over the years, which model would be considered a flop or least liked?

fantom
06-05-2005, 10:56 AM
IMO, the I Radical was the biggest flop. Probably because it didn't have twin tube construction.

barry
06-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I think both the I.rad and LM.Rad were flops. They should have stayed with the Trisys and Ti.Radicals, very popular frames.
Flexpoints are going to be another flop.

Lakoste
06-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Barry's right with everything he wrote, but i dont think all flexpoints are going to be flops, only the radicals, cuz if the prestige ever does come out, it should be pretty good

If thats what he was saying, my apologies

krnboijunsung
06-05-2005, 11:39 AM
I liked the ti.radical and the i.radical. I didn't like the LM radical.

06-05-2005, 11:47 AM
I liked the ti.radical and the i.radical. I didn't like the LM radical.

same. i liked almost all the radicals for the most part except for the lm radical's.

Michelangelo
06-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Humm... no offense, but unlike most of you, I like the i.Radical the most. Not becasue of the weight (in fact, if I buy one, I'd have it customized to somewhere around 12.2oz with 6-7pt headlight), but the feel when I hit balls. Other Radical feel too "metallic" for me when I hit balls.

Fatmike
06-05-2005, 03:03 PM
but i dont think all flexpoints are going to be flops, only the radicals, cuz if the prestige ever does come out, it should be pretty good

damn... :roll:

Kirko
06-05-2005, 03:25 PM
LM Prestige it seems to be met with great indifference, and the old Presige is still raved about.

GrahamIsSuper
06-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Kirko, I think that is due most likely to whatever happened to the NXG vs the POG. The NXG was supposed to be the successor to the POG (if I'm thinking correctly), but it never happened. I couldn't find a difference between the old Prestige and the LM Prestige, but that's just me, having never hit with either; call it an unbiased opinion, if you will.

Michelangelo, I personally prefer the i.Radical as well. The old TI felt very metallic and IMO had little to no feel in comparison with the i.Rad. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad racquet...at one time in my memory every pro at a local club used the TI, and people here give it rave reviews still, I simply prefer the i.Rad over it.

AndrewD
06-05-2005, 08:50 PM
I never liked the LM Radical mp. It felt overly tinny regardless of what string I had in it or at what tension, the feel was harsh, control wasn't good enough and comfort was almost non-existant. The i-Radical mp I believe got a raw deal because a lot of people focussed solely on the lack of weight instead of having the good sense to just add some more. The feel was infinately more comfortable than the LM version and, with weight added, the power increased but at a very controllable level. A far, far better all-around frame and for a variety of playing levels - dependent on the weight.

Michelangelo,
have you tried putting CAP grommet on the i-Radical? That does an excellent job of increasing the weight but distributing it very evenly. You've still got room to add some more lead if you like but you can put in down low and still keep the headlight balance while having more mass behind your shots.

Kirko
06-05-2005, 09:14 PM
you're right Grham the NXG was just a year ago and now its "water under the dam". All that "experimental" hype and Coria using it now its the 03 , but that seems to be the real deal.

smackadog
06-06-2005, 07:26 PM
tried all radicals , imo , the i rad. was the biggest flop, lm comes in close second, love the ti rad the most, but i just upgraded to flexpoint , just has some pop to it, whatever radicals comin out will flop cause Head releases one every year,so not many are buyin into it. Ti rad is a great racquet though. :)

kv581
06-06-2005, 07:31 PM
tried all radicals , imo , the i rad. was the biggest flop, lm comes in close second, love the ti rad the most, but i just upgraded to flexpoint , just has some pop to it, whatever radicals comin out will flop cause Head releases one every year,so not many are buyin into it. Ti rad is a great racquet though. :)
Have you tried Radicals BEFORE Ti.Rad? They are even more impressive than Ti.Rad, and perhaps can be considered to be true players racquets. If nothing else, the earlier Radicals are ~12oz in stock form. I especially enjoyed the 1st generation Radical Trisys 260. Even though it did not have Twin Tube, I thought it played smoother and more comfortable than any Radicals that came after it.

POGO
06-06-2005, 07:42 PM
kv581,

So the last twin tube radicals were the ti, then re-introduced again with the flex point radicals?

bertrevert
06-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Underneath the hood, underneath the tech-speak of new innovations, the Radical has been following the recent lighter-stiffer trend.

Is it player's or a tweener racquet? I'm not sure. I think however it has occupied a fairly special "popular podium" for many a year now.

Naturally for such a popular racquet it divides opinion on this message board.

As a recent convert (LM Rad MP) I am really impressed and my play has gone up a notch. Frankly, it suits my game.

I'm now interested in the earlier incarnations (I could never afford them before) and will scour for them secondhand. Now they release a new one every year that gene pool is being diluted. It really is a quality item that deserves better.

kv581
06-06-2005, 08:36 PM
I believe LM Rad also has twin tube.

bertrevert, problem is, where do you go to find the earlier Radicals??

On another note, I wonder how a leaded up Ti.Rad may play. Some here have said that a properly weighted Ti.Rad plays close to the 1998 Twin Tube version.

bertrevert
06-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Great LM Rad MP review by Breakpoint
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/BREAKP03.html

Yes twin-tubes
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-LMRAD.html

Secondhand? I reckon op-shops or **** or tennis centres. But finding one in reasonable condition is probably not on the cards...

Is there a History Of the Radical web page that anyone knows of?

Revman
06-06-2005, 09:07 PM
I believe LM Rad also has twin tube.

bertrevert, problem is, where do you go to find the earlier Radicals??

On another note, I wonder how a leaded up Ti.Rad may play. Some here have said that a properly weighted Ti.Rad plays close to the 1998 Twin Tube version.
Ti Radical OS weighted up to 11.9 ounces at 3 and 9 o'clock plays like a dream. In stock form you may as well be wielding a badminton racquet if you're up against a 3.5 level player or better. Low tension (62-64) helps as well -- gives more power with hardly any loss of control.

gokou703
06-07-2005, 03:35 AM
my ti radical OS plays so sweet now that i added 15 grams to the handle. Along with 8 strips of electrical tape on one bevel and 2 overgrips, it feels pretty head light. It plays extremely solid with the extra weight...thinking about adding a little more weight to the handle and a little to the head as well. anyways.... the ti radical was the best of all radicals so far in my opinion