PDA

View Full Version : Weight discrepancy: LM Pres MP vx. i-Pres MP

Baseline
04-20-2004, 06:44 AM
After reading through a lot of posts about the LM Pres MP, I've come to the conclusion that there must be a lot of variance in the weights of the racquets that the readers have been getting. I weighed a i-Pres MP strung with ALU 16L, with an overgrip and a vibration dampener, and it weighed 12.3 oz. -- then I weighed a LM Pres MP set up exactly the same way, and it weighed 12.5 oz. A lot of the posters, however, have stated that their LM Pres MP's are lighter (in some cases --"much lighter" ) than the i-Prestige MP. Have any of you posters that have more than one of the LM Prestige MP's, noticed an unusual variance in the weights? Thanks for any responses.

Pro_Tour_630
04-20-2004, 08:16 AM
unusual variance in weight along with many complaints of misalignment of TSC spells poor quality control for the new Liquidmetal Prestige MP :mrgreen:

What is your grip size, maybe it is the same case with Yonex where 5/8 are much heavier than the 1/8 :wink:

Baseline
04-20-2004, 09:25 AM
Good point Michael. My grip size is 4 5/8. so that may be why mine is heavier ???? I've noticed that on the LM Prestiges that I've looked at, the silver paint doesn't always match up, but it seems that the "ridges" of the liquid metal (?) do match up. Another poster had mentioned this, and I have found that to be right.

spinbalz
04-20-2004, 09:45 AM
Yesterday I received a brand new Head LM Prestige MP with a 4-3/8 gripsize, my racquet strung with Enduro L-Tec Pure 1.20 gauge + an overgrip weighs excactly 340 grams, and I must be lucky, because the TSC aren't misaligned.

I played 2 hours yesterday + 2 hours today and here are my initial feelings:

I hate the original synthetic grip installed on the prestige LM, and will probably replace it with a Babolat leather grip, the racquet feels a lot more flexible than the I.Prestige MP, the feel is more lively than with the I.prestige MP (I always experienced some sort of dead feel with the I.prestige MP), and with the same swingspeed the LM is less powerfull than the I.Prestige MP, but I am clearly able to generate more racquet head speed with the LM Prestige MP than with the I.prestige MP.

I very quickly found the groove and the confidence with the LM prestige MP (I almost instantly felt like the racquet was designed especially for me, I tried tons of racquets and rarely felt like that), I could swing it very fast, which gave good power and massive spin on my shots, and the control was at a high level standard.

Concerning the serves I perfectly agree with the TW review : I had better spin serves (kick, slice) with the LMprestige MP than with the I.prestige or LM Radical Tour but slightly less power with the flat serves if I provide the same racquet head speed, but since racquet head speed is easier to generate with the LM Prestige, I felt I was almost on par with the I.prestige MP and LM Radical MP in the power department when I served with the LM Prestige MP.

Conclusion : I prefer the LM prestige MP, to the I.prestige MP, and I may switch from my LM Radical Tour to the LM Prestige MP, but it is a little to early to make the final decision, I need to play more with the LM Prestige MP, just to be sure...

Pro_Tour_630
04-20-2004, 11:19 AM
spinb, when you replace the LM grip with bab leather, the jarring effect will be more noticeable especially on off center hits, lookout for it and report back,

spinbalz
04-20-2004, 11:25 AM
I'll give my impressions with the leather grip next weekend.

strife726
04-23-2004, 11:15 AM
looking foward to it spin