PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Link Mobile Applications

tennis_tater
11-02-2010, 06:42 AM
I use a blackberry for my phone and find it difficult to open and view league information/standing/tennis player history on the blackberry web browser. Seems like my friends who have iPhones don't have the same issues. I recall filling out a survey for the USTA over a year ago and the survey mentioned that the USTA was looking to possibly create a USTA and/or Tennis Link application. Does anyone know if there is an application out there for Tennis Link? If not, for those blackberry users, do you all have any problems accessing and using Tennis Link on the web browser as well?

Wakenslam
11-02-2010, 07:11 AM
The guys on my USTA team have a hard enough time accessing the information on a computer, much less on their phones! USTA is way behind. I searched and didn't see any app - not surprising.

JavierLW
11-02-2010, 07:23 AM
The browser on the iphone and the droid is a lot more user friendly so it's a little easier to navigate the website then on a blackberry.

Maybe it has something to do with ease of zooming in and out since you really have to be able to zoom in to fill in the fields, etc... (which if they made a app is likely all they would take care of)

ktmailserv
11-02-2010, 01:15 PM
USTA website/tennis link is a bit behind on technology...They are not mobile yet and they need to be....
The user interface needs a overhaul and application design needs improvement...:(

sphinx780
11-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Do you use the native browser on the BB...you might want to give Opera Mobile or Opera Mini a try depending on your model number.

tennis_tater
11-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Do you use the native browser on the BB...you might want to give Opera Mobile or Opera Mini a try depending on your model number.

Yes, I have been using the native browser. I wiill the Opera browser a try. Thanks for the tip!

sphinx780
11-04-2010, 10:50 AM
No problem, hope it helps you out!

cknobman
08-23-2012, 11:31 AM
I just built this mobile website to help a little bit with the USTA's lack of providing a mobile website.

http://ustamobileaccess.azurewebsites.net/

It provides a quicker way to perform team/player/tournament/ranking searches and also gives you the ability to save them.

Roforot
08-23-2012, 11:54 AM
The USTA app for iphone/ipad sucks worse than their website.

I'd recommend either using the link cknobman produced or saving the bookmarked link for your team/tournament as an "app" on your homescreen.

The USTA's website is such a piece of donkey dung. It still galls me everytime I have to pay off a "convenience" fee for using their frakekup website to register for events.

Our tennis ladder in contrast is so much better... which tells me if the USTA wanted to produce a product that didn't look like a mule-crossed-monkey-fraked up puzzle, they could...

goober
08-23-2012, 12:22 PM
The USTA app for iphone/ipad sucks worse than their website.

I'd recommend either using the link cknobman produced or saving the bookmarked link for your team/tournament as an "app" on your homescreen.

The USTA's website is such a piece of donkey dung. It still galls me everytime I have to pay off a "convenience" fee for using their frakekup website to register for events.

Our tennis ladder in contrast is so much better... which tells me if the USTA wanted to produce a product that didn't look like a mule-crossed-monkey-fraked up puzzle, they could...

USTA should read the reviews off the Iphone apps site. They are generally pretty bad 1-2 star stuff. I almost wonder how they hire these people? Are they all friends of friends or family members in key positions?

beernutz
08-23-2012, 12:33 PM
I just built this mobile website to help a little bit with the USTA's lack of providing a mobile website.

http://ustamobileaccess.azurewebsites.net/

It provides a quicker way to perform team/player/tournament/ranking searches and also gives you the ability to save them.

Thanks! That is a nice app.

cknobman
08-24-2012, 06:36 AM
Thanks! That is a nice app.

Thank you. Its a work in progress so if you have any ideas or suggestions let me know and I will see if I can work them in.

cknobman
08-24-2012, 06:41 AM
USTA should read the reviews off the Iphone apps site. They are generally pretty bad 1-2 star stuff. I almost wonder how they hire these people? Are they all friends of friends or family members in key positions?

I feel they are pretty disorganized and/or outsourcing the development.

I contacted them multiple times about their mobile sites/app (lack their-of) and they refused to work with me(I was offering to do everything for free) and also said they had no timelines or estimates they could offer for any of their future mobile development.