PDA

View Full Version : ATP TOUR PLAYERS.. Coach/Player Salary Ratio?

Caracalla
11-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Do any of you know approximately how much do ATP players pay their Coach?

1. Reference: Larry Stefanki, Jose Higueras, Brad Gilbert, Tony Roche, Darren Cahill, Peter Lundgren, Álex Corretja , Paul Annacone..

2. Reference: Miles Maclaga, Gabriel Markus, Roger Rasheed, Hernán Gumy, Franco Davin, Tarik Benhabiles, Magnus Norman, Marián Vajda

any ideas what are they paying Annual Salary or whats fair to pay annually based on your experience or what you heard?

or does it mean they get paid based on the Players Annual Income Ratio?

Tennis_Monk
11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Do any of you know approximately how much do ATP players pay their Coach?

1. Reference: Larry Stefanki, Jose Higueras, Brad Gilbert, Tony Roche, Darren Cahill, Peter Lundgren, Álex Corretja , Paul Annacone..

2. Reference: Miles Maclaga, Gabriel Markus, Roger Rasheed, Hernán Gumy, Franco Davin, Tarik Benhabiles, Magnus Norman, Marián Vajda

any ideas what are they paying Annual Salary or whats fair to pay annually based on your experience or what you heard?

or does it mean they get paid based on the Players Annual Income Ratio?

Yes. I do know how much some of these coaches get paid.

Fee
11-02-2010, 09:33 PM
The only thing you will get is rumor since there is no requirement for any of the players or coaches to report an accurate figure. You can do a Google search for things like Annacone salary and see what comes up, or you can write to Jon Wertheim or Doug Robson and see what figures they might have in their notes.

Caracalla
11-03-2010, 08:01 AM
thanks for responding guys.. if you have some close numbers based on the reference above.. I would appreciate if you can post it..

the problem is that the tennis industry is still not big enough to have these numbers publicly...

Underhand
11-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Lüthi gets only Milka bars from Federer for his slavery.

The-Champ
11-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Uncle Tony get's 90 percent of Rafa's *****. The remaining 10 percent is travelling expenses.

cknobman
11-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Ive heard Uncle Tony is so bad that sometimes Rafa has to ask him for lunch money.

meg0529
11-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Ive heard Uncle Tony is so bad that sometimes Rafa has to ask him for lunch money.

Lol, apparently when rafa was still in his teens, he had been winning some money obviously, so for lunch his friend and him decided to order seafood platters. Uncle Toni was TIGHT. Told him at his age he should be making do with burgers, not spending that kind of money of lunch.

Messarger
11-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Lol, apparently when rafa was still in his teens, he had been winning some money obviously, so for lunch his friend and him decided to order seafood platters. Uncle Toni was TIGHT. Told him at his age he should be making do with burgers, not spending that kind of money of lunch.

any link to that?

TACOSRULE
11-04-2010, 07:06 AM
i'm suprised Toni Nadal hasnt shut this thread down.

and killed everyone who has posted in it

meg0529
11-04-2010, 07:24 AM
any link to that?

Well yes, it's somewhere in Nadal News. It might even have been in the Japanese documentary transcript. Or one of Toni's interviews. I'm sure it was a legit source tho. Joke's aside Toni has always believed in conditioning Rafa, to not let fame/money get to his head. It was in the same interview that they mentioned, how they had been invited to go eat in a restaurant, and Rafa was wearing casual clothes, and the guy in the elevator mentioned that it was formal attire, but they'd make an exception for Rafa. Toni sent him back up to go change and come back.

Underhand
11-04-2010, 07:26 AM
seafood platters. Uncle Toni was TIGHT. Told him at his age he should be making do with burgers, not spending that kind of money of lunch.

Tío Toni forced his nephew to eat junk food? What an evil man.

Fee
11-04-2010, 12:33 PM
thanks for responding guys.. if you have some close numbers based on the reference above.. I would appreciate if you can post it..

the problem is that the tennis industry is still not big enough to have these numbers publicly...

Soo... you aren't willing to Google anything yourself?

pound cat
11-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Uncle Tony get's 90 percent of Rafa's *****. The remaining 10 percent is travelling expenses.

Uncle Toni is 50/50 partner with Rafa's father in the Glass and Window business, as well as havng interests in the restaurants the family owns...and who knows what else. When he isn't at Rafa's tournaments he is looking after business and his home ...3 small children and his gf /wife

He has no salary from coaching Rafa.

pound cat
11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Tío Toni forced his nephew to eat junk food? What an evil man.

Burgers? in Spain? I don't think so.

Only in America....

kishnabe
11-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Burgers? in Spain? I don't think so.

Only in America....

He meant empanadas and the other good stuff that are better than Burgers!

kevvycore
11-04-2010, 07:07 PM
didnt gilbert get a million bucks to coach murray? thought i fowler say that during wimbledon broadcast to gilbert before he left espn.