PDA

View Full Version : Well, I just finished demoing two racquets

akj27
06-05-2005, 08:16 PM
the babolat pure drive team plus, and the head lm prestige mp.

Im impressed with the lm, ive always loved babolat racquets, but the lm takes the edge. Its just so confortable and easy to control. I wouldnt mind buying this racquet, but, should i try more racquets before making a decision? Im a 3.5 player with a semi-western grip, I like hitting balls from the baseline,(hate going to the net) my top spin is pretty good, and I hit a one handed and two handed backhand.(not sure which i like better)

MChong
06-06-2005, 11:52 AM
If you liked the LM Prestige MP you should plug the specifications into the racquet finder and see what similar racquets pop up and demo then extensively side by side.

donnyz89
06-06-2005, 12:17 PM
well, the two racquets u demoed are probably on the opposite sides as far as racquet specs go. so maybe u should demo a few more control racquets like the prestiege but prestige is an excellent racquet, at least thats what i've heard, i wish i coulda played with it.

im also a decent 3.5 player that play around the baseline a lot and like to swing hard so, for a lil less power than the pure drive i suggest try the pure storm. not nearly as stiff as all the other babolat racquet, GREAT from the baseline, good top spin. i dont see how a prestige could be a baseliners racquet, with its heavy weight it would be quite a workout to generate power from the baseline. its more of an all-court racquet but what ever suits you.

leog
06-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, the Bab & the LM are totally different rackets. If you like the LM, try it against the Diablo, and some of the players' Ncodes, that's what I did. I still picked the LM in the end, though.

If you do go with the LM, take full advantage of it with a thin (no thicker than 17g) high quality string. It's 18x20 pattern is definitely a string-saver!

I'm waiting for the flexpoint Prestige to come out so I can pick up a couple extra LMs for cheap...

bee
06-07-2005, 07:28 AM
I like my lm pestige mp, but have added quite a bit of lead tape to the handle and a small amount to the head. With that added stability and weight it's excellent!

MChong
06-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Unfortunately, though leog suggests the Diablo, and I would, too, it's rather different from the Prestige. Only the fact that it's a mid is the same; one is rather stiff and the other is pretty flexy. I think the PS 6.0 95 is pretty good, too, but I've always heard it's better for volleys and an all court game while the Prestige is better from the back due to the swingweight.

krnboijunsung
06-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I got to try out my friends LM Prestiege MP yesterday. It's a very good racquet. It has great control and spin. But the strings were pretty tight so I don't know if maybe that was why it had so much control.