PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Haas racquet

Redferrari350
04-20-2004, 09:42 AM
For some reason he doesn't use the paint job on his 200g muscle weave. Tommy's still getting sponsor from Dunlop, yet Dunlop stoped selling MW. Why no paint job? I wonder what the deal is.

brijoel
04-20-2004, 10:25 AM
ummm............actually his 200g is painted to match the current hot melt 200g. my understanding is he uses the 90 si 200g's so really its not even a racquet made anymore. you can pretty much tell if you just do a google image search for tommy haas. withing the first page you will see a hot melt paint job on his racquet, so i really dont know what you are talking about.
also, this prolly shoulda been in the "pros' gear" section, but no matter...

Michael Ludwig
04-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Its not just Tommy, but with Wayne as well. Seems as though neither are keen on the way their frames play with the HotMelt cosmetics. At the Nasdaq this year, Tommy was playing with a "mixed" batch of racquets. Another intersting note was Wayne testing one of Tommy's "400g" racquets during the Nasdaq.

Michael Ludwig
04-20-2004, 10:40 AM
ummm............actually his 200g is painted to match the current hot melt 200g. my understanding is he uses the 90 si 200g's so really its not even a racquet made anymore. you can pretty much tell if you just do a google image search for tommy haas. withing the first page you will see a hot melt paint job on his racquet, so i really dont know what you are talking about.
also, this prolly shoulda been in the "pros' gear" section, but no matter...

brijoel, I'm not sure what player you have been watching, but the cosmetics he has been using as of late are those of the MuscleWeave 200g, and even those of the "400g". And no, it is far from a 90si frame, more like 630cm.

Tommy Haas
04-20-2004, 10:47 AM
* deleted *

Michael Ludwig
04-20-2004, 10:52 AM
No, Wayne's frames are out of the exact same mold as Tommy's, Blake's, etc etc which are along the lines of a 630. Johansson, to my knowledge, never used an actual MW200g in match play. Can't really compare the MW200g's that you saw in stores to the "200g's" you see being used on tour.

Redferrari350
04-20-2004, 11:32 AM
brijoel, Tommy's current racquet is definately not 90 si, and it's definately NOT painted like current 200g. I just saw the match against Malise. Its definately out of date MW 200g. What are you watching exactly?

BreakPoint
04-20-2004, 11:37 AM
When I saw Wayne Ferreria play at the Siebel Open in Feb., he was using what looked like a Dunlop HM 200G XL paintjob. It had a lot of gold-ish color on the edge of the racquet and I think the "Dunlop" logos on the sides of the head were in outline and not filled in with white paint. He was using these gold-ish colored strings that matched the color of his racquet.

brijoel
04-20-2004, 12:48 PM
brijoel, Tommy's current racquet is definately not 90 si, and it's definately NOT painted like current 200g. I just saw the match against Malise. Its definately out of date MW 200g. What are you watching exactly?

relax guys, he hadnt mentioned any matches, and as someone else mentioned apparently he had used a mixed batch. so out of curiousity i went and checked out some photos taken from some recent events and did in fact find pics with him playing both a HM and MW. i havent had a chance to watch any VERY recent matches. however i could have sworn i read somewhere awhile back it was either him or phillipousus (or both) using the 90 si. maybe im mistaken. its been awhile since i actually looked this up. :shock:

El Diablo
04-20-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm glad we cleared that up.

Michael Ludwig
04-20-2004, 04:02 PM
When I saw Wayne Ferreria play at the Siebel Open in Feb., he was using what looked like a Dunlop HM 200G XL paintjob. It had a lot of gold-ish color on the edge of the racquet and I think the "Dunlop" logos on the sides of the head were in outline and not filled in with white paint. He was using these gold-ish colored strings that matched the color of his racquet.

Its no 200g XL paint job, its simply MW200g cosmetics with yellow grommets. Only string I can recall Wayne playing with as of recently, is ALU Power, and it is silver.

Michael Ludwig
04-20-2004, 04:07 PM
Sorry brijoel, but you have mixed it up again. He has NOT been using HM and MW cosmetics at the same time. When I said he was using a mixed batch of frames, I was reffering to the age, and apparently the specs of the racquets (all were of MW200g cosmetics). I never said he was using 2 different cosmetics at once. As to pictures you've seen of him playing in a recent event with 2 different cosmetics, I highly doubt such a thing. Whatever info you got on Flip's frame is also incorrect, he never used any kind of Muscle Weave racquet.

brijoel
04-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Sorry brijoel, but you have mixed it up again. He has NOT been using HM and MW cosmetics at the same time. When I said he was using a mixed batch of frames, I was reffering to the age, and apparently the specs of the racquets (all were of MW200g cosmetics). I never said he was using 2 different cosmetics at once. As to pictures you've seen of him playing in a recent event with 2 different cosmetics, I highly doubt such a thing. Whatever info you got on Flip's frame is also incorrect, he never used any kind of Muscle Weave racquet.

#1, i didnt say he used them during the same match did i....

#2, funny this looks to be a MW cosmetic in this gallery.........
http://www.hooloovoo.com/mark/gallery/burdine.html

so if you will kindly get off my back now....i already admitted there was a mistake made. chill out.

Michael Ludwig
04-20-2004, 05:27 PM
1: Nor did I say anything about him using 2 different cosmetics in one match. As I recall, I said in the same event.

2: "however i could have sworn i read somewhere awhile back it was either him or phillipousus (or both) using the 90 si."

I NEVER said he didn't use MW cosmetics, just that he didn't use any kind of actual MW.

Please try to get your facts straight before trying to correct me.

Redferrari350
04-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Neither Haas nor Flipper uses any sort of 90si racquets. Lets just make that clear. My question was about the sponsorship. There was another post under pros racquet that Haas isn't being sponsored by Dunlop. Someone stated he is using the racquet and the stencil in good faith hoping Dunlop will sign him back. I think this actually might be the case. If so, I think Haas has an excellent chance of resigning because he is playing some fantastic tennis at the moment.

Matt H.
04-22-2004, 12:09 AM
In 2002, Haas appeared to be playing with BOTH the MW and the HM racquets.

Perfect example. the 2002 French open, he was playing the HM (yellow and black)

At the Masters Series in Canada....he was using the MW one (saw the match against Pete Sampras)

THEN...at the 2002 US Open, a few weeks later, he was using the the HM version.

Now, this year....he's been using the MW. I was at the Nasdaq, and i was standing 3 feet from him at the practice court.

http://www.stang.cc/tmcaalbums/Matt-s-world/DSC01179.sized.jpg

http://www.stang.cc/tmcaalbums/Matt-s-world/DSC01177.sized.jpg

BreakPoint
04-22-2004, 12:20 AM
Unfortunately, that pic above doesn't show which paintjob he's using. From that angle, for all we know, he could be using a PS 6.0 95.

jings
04-22-2004, 01:33 AM
Forget the racquet ... Check out those brand spanking new Oscillates, the lucky B$#^%*d.

Matt H.
04-22-2004, 05:57 AM
Unfortunately, that pic above doesn't show which paintjob he's using. From that angle, for all we know, he could be using a PS 6.0 95.

did you look at the second pic. :wink:

here, another one :D
http://www.stang.cc/tmcaalbums/Matt-s-world/DSC01184.sized.jpg