PDA

View Full Version : Racquet's leather grips.....

William Bedford
06-06-2005, 06:25 AM
I live in a dry climate. When I first got my ncodes 7-8 months ago, the leather grips were much deeper in color than they are now. I have always used an overgrip over the leather. Is there value in applying oil or leather conditioner to these grips to restore the color and softness?

Leather dries out and becomes less soft - I treat my sofa's with leather conditioner 2 times a year. Should I apply some baseball glove softener or leather conditioner to my leather grips?

joe sch
06-06-2005, 06:40 AM
Yes !
Dont let your leather dry out or get too dirty
Many just believe in soap and water to clean it up
I like using light treatments to keep it supple
My fav is minks oil
Leather is the ultimate grip when nice and a handicap when hard

Ash Doyle
06-06-2005, 06:45 AM
I played yesterday with the tempature at 93F. I was using a leather grip without an overgrip, and I was very surprised how absorbent it was. I didnot have any problem what-so-ever with the grip becoming slippery. Actually, the more sweat it soaked up, the better the grip became. I was very impressed, and I won't go back to using an overgrip anytime soon.

William Bedford
06-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree that leather is the best. So nice with the defined bevels and additional feel.

ambro
06-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Well I see no use in keeping it in good condition if you always use an overgrip with it. However, if you plan on using it without an overgrip at all, even one time, you probably need to keep it in good condition.