PDA

View Full Version : Nor'easter/jc4.0 vs Cindysphinx/AngleQueen

Nor'easter
11-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi gals! I've been skimming the posts lately and thought it might be fun to take a clinic together and then have a friendly doubles match afterwards. We would all try to call the lines fairly and keep quiet as to not hinder our opponents as they are hitting their shots. Winners buy beer afterwards.

What do you think of the pairings?

Nor'easter
11-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Maybe we should make it a round robin. I prefer to play the ad side. Any strong deuce side players in the mix?

BTW~I am located in the greater Boston area. Go Pats!

Nor'easter
11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
... and keep quiet as to not hinder our opponents as they are hitting their shots.

Dang! I forgot to mention that I occasionally grunt!!:oops:

Nor'easter
11-08-2010, 02:12 PM
So much is made of "grunting". It's all relative. I exhale loudly when I hit a difficult ball. Maybe you do also - big deal! It's healthy, and helps us hit through the shots! I don't agree with squealing and screeching like Aza and Sharapova, but nobody does that at my level. It's just a standard "aaaah or uuugh" sorry if that doesn't seem lady-like, but this is a sport not a fashion show.

Agreed! I am a proponent of good footwoork and breathing/exhaling for good shotmaking...in that order.

sureshs
11-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Beware of Cindy's lobs

Cindysphinx
11-08-2010, 03:18 PM
You're on!

AngleQueen is rumored to be awesome in her awesomeness!!

How many of the men in my life can I bring?

Nor'easter
11-08-2010, 03:24 PM
How many of the men in my life can I bring?

Wait a minute...this is girls only! Game on!!

Angle Queen
11-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Ok, ladies. This is a bit freaky...to log in, and find my nick...in a thread title. :oops:

At around the year 2 B.C. (before children), some such nonsense might have actually gotten a rise outa me. I had money and time to pursue fluke ideas...but gotta say gals, it's a pipe dream. Although someday, Cindy and I might get to mix it up. She's only a couple of hours north of me. And perhaps we've even played some similar opponents and could swap some stories.

But...for what it's worth, I play the deuce side, am not a beer drinker and love sushi and sake. ;) Grunting, per se, doesn't bother me, I can lob...or angle off with the best of 'em...and give fair line calls. But these days, not too sure how many would want to play with me; I'm in a funk. A bad one. Perhaps that's fodder...for another thread.

Cindysphinx
11-08-2010, 06:30 PM
But...for what it's worth, I play the deuce side, am not a beer drinker and love sushi and sake. ;) Grunting, per se, doesn't bother me, I can lob...or angle off with the best of 'em...and give fair line calls. But these days, not too sure how many would want to play with me; I'm in a funk. A bad one. Perhaps that's fodder...for another thread.

All right, AngleQueen.

: gestures towards therapist's couch :

Explain your funk. Go on. It's just you and me here.

Cindy -- who loves sushi and margaritas, but not together, and who hasn't had a beer since about 1990

Topaz
11-08-2010, 06:47 PM
JC, I'll be down your way in a few weeks.

Cindy and I, despite once being on the same team, seem to never come up against each other nor play with each other....so far! (and now we've even got matching dresses!)

tennytive
11-09-2010, 07:00 AM
(and now we've even got matching dresses!)

Pics or I'm calling you a Lila. :)

tennis tom
11-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Joe Francis will be filming the event for his new series: "Tennis Girls Gone Wild"; all participants must furnish I.D. proving they are over 18 years of age. T-shirts will be given to participants.

Topaz
11-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Pics or I'm calling you a Lila. :)

Ha! Well it is going with me when I head down JC's way in a few weeks so hopefully I'll be able to oblige!

sureshs
11-09-2010, 09:49 AM
For those who haven't met Cindy in person, she posted a pic of herself in the Travel section. She is the one in the tight red and black suit in the picture.

http://www.tennis-cruise.com/images/Sony%20Ericsson%20Open%20Tennis%20Cruise%20048.JPG

jswinf
11-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Cindy -- who hasn't had a beer since about 1990

This explains a lot.

Angle Queen
11-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Joe Francis will be filming the event for his new series: "Tennis Girls Gone Wild"; all participants must furnish I.D. proving they are over 18 years of age. T-shirts will be given to participants.Excuse me while I spit out my sake.

Newly "married" Mr Francis would have little interest in me. Not much "wild" about me...except that silly skirt our team picked this year. :rolleyes:

Nor'easter
11-09-2010, 10:46 AM
It's sure been fun yucking it up with all of you...where has JoeDali been during all of this?

tennis tom
11-09-2010, 12:12 PM
For those who haven't met Cindy in person, she posted a pic of herself in the Travel section. She is the one in the tight red and black suit in the picture.

Slightly Rubenesque, eh? What ship was that on? A tennis cruise sounds like fun. That looks like a mini court. As far as I know the only ship on the planet with a full size tennis court is the World Residentsea condo ship.

tennis tom
11-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Excuse me while I spit out my sake.

Newly "married" Mr Francis would have little interest in me. Not much "wild" about me...except that silly skirt our team picked this year. :rolleyes:

Pics of silly skirt please. Joe Francis is working on a new series called "Tennis Cougars Gone Wild".

Topaz
11-09-2010, 12:51 PM
That isn't Cindy. Not even close.

sureshs
11-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Guys that is not really Cindy. It was a joke, get it?

Topaz
11-10-2010, 05:59 AM
JC, got your email...you may want to edit your post so that TW's 'finest' don't steal your identity! ;)