PDA

View Full Version : POG Mid vs. HPS 6.1

10sNut
06-06-2005, 09:39 AM
I have read on this board that the HPS 6.1 and the classic 6.1 are similiar to the POG Mid in a number of ways. Can any of you POG mid users that have tried the HPS 6.1, give me an idea of how or where it is better? (i.e. bigger, or higher sweetspot, more touch and feel). I'm a 4.5 all-court player splitting time between singles and doubles. Thanks guys.

Marius_Hancu
07-30-2005, 07:22 PM
I can tell you POG MP is much easier on your arm than HPS 6.1.

I have both now (just bought a POG MP), but am not using the 6.1 as it's to rigid for my elbow (my stringer said the same).

And POG MP gives you more topspin. However, seems to be not so good as HPS 6.1 on serve and volleys (well, I don't have too much experience with it either, and I am using 6.0 85 usually).

10sne1
07-31-2005, 06:05 AM
10snut, I'm a 4.5 all-courter as well. I've never played with the POG but I do play with the Diablo Mid which is suppose to be very similar. Many people feel it's a new and improved POG. I also used the HPS 6.1 for years before switching to the Diablo Mid about 6 months ago after trying many different frames. I loved the 6.1 as it was great from the baseline and serves. However, it felt too sluggish for me at net. This became a hinderance as I began to play more doubles and implement an all court game in singles. So the quest began to find the holy grail... ok,ok... just a good all court stick. Anyway, the Diablo Mid was it for me. I don't find it quite as powerful from the baseline as the 6.1. However, I still get plenty of pace on my groundies as the frame allows you to hit out. I really don't feel I gave up much of anything in that department by switching. However, from the net, the Diablo Mid is definitly more agile and I have much better touch and feel then with the HPS 6.1. Does the Diablo Mid posses the best touch and feel of any racquet out there... no. But those other racquets are not as good from the baseline or serves. So for me, the Diablo Mid was the all court stick I was looking for. Good luck in your search.

FREDDY
07-31-2005, 01:03 PM
i find the POG mid to be a racket that keeps you on chek. it helps me keep my form and when i get lazy i know it. when my form is wrong i know it. it becomes visible that im doing it wrong. idk about the other one but the POG is the best damn racket ive played with followed by the HEAD LIQUID METAL RADICAL mp

thejackal
07-31-2005, 01:38 PM
Marius, have you injured your arm or used it extensively and under great stress for many years? I have never had any problems whatsoever with the HPS 6.1, even with full poly.

Marius_Hancu
07-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Marius, have you injured your arm or used it extensively and under great stress for many years? I have never had any problems whatsoever with the HPS 6.1, even with full poly.

I had a bad tennis elbow about 3 yrs ago.

Each time I want to play HPS 6.1, I am out for a week. No problems with 6.0 85.

10sne1
08-01-2005, 04:02 AM
That's real odd because before I played with the hps 6.1, I played with a light weight head light racquet that ended up giving me major elbow problems. To the point where I actually had to stop playing when I was warming up with a guy, I couldn't even start the match it hurt so bad... felt like my arm was going to fall off. I switched to the HPS 6.1 and a soft string (NXT) and the elbow problems went away. I never felt any pain when hitting with the HPS 6.1. Weird how we had completely different experiences. Anyway...

10sNut
08-01-2005, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the replies. I've decided to try the O3 Tour for a while. It seems to fit my game well.

Marius_Hancu
08-08-2005, 01:54 AM
That's real odd because before I played with the hps 6.1, I played with a light weight head light racquet that ended up giving me major elbow problems. To the point where I actually had to stop playing when I was warming up with a guy, I couldn't even start the match it hurt so bad... felt like my arm was going to fall off. I switched to the HPS 6.1 and a soft string (NXT) and the elbow problems went away. I never felt any pain when hitting with the HPS 6.1. Weird how we had completely different experiences. Anyway...

It could be the fact that I have my strung at 65lbs.
Perhaps I should go lower, but it was NXT Tour 17, with which I have no problems on 6.0