PDA

View Full Version : Help please: Yonex Super RQ-500 replacement ideas

dcjohn
06-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Hi there everyone.

After many years away from the game, I'm hopping back into tennis with a vengance, and could use some advice on a new racquet.

My old racquet was a Yonex SuperRQ-500 Midplus. It's in embarassingly pristine condition--I ended up having to give up tennis shortly after getting it--but I'm not sure how sitting around (strung) shortens the life of a racquet, and regardless, I'd like a second racquet for when this needs to go in the shop, etc.

I'm an intermediate player, medium power, spend more time at the baseline than at the net (out of preference).

I've demod two racquets so far:
Head LiquidMetal 8 (may have been under-valuing my hitting power there)
Prince Tubo Shark OS

Both are ok. I preferred the LM8 to the Shark, but neither allow me to hit with the confidence that I can with the Yonex. I get more power with the Yonex *and* more ball control, with a lot more stability on returning hard hit shots (from my wife, who unlike me played competitively for years at the high school and college level).

So... ideas on replacement/partner candidates to the old RQ-500 (no longer made) that I should be demo'ing? I'm tempted to check out some of the slightly heavier & more stable racquets in the LiquidMetal line, by I'm particularly interested in Yonex possibilities/suggestions.

Thanks!
John

Safina
06-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Why not try the Yonex RDX300 series depending on the length you prefer and/or the MP-2i ? The Pure Drive standard would also be good to try....

Ronaldo
06-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Better try the latest Yonex RQ series. SRQ-500 was unique, nice power from that oval-pressed shaft, very flexy but stiff in the head.

Andy Zarzuela
06-28-2005, 09:49 AM
I am looking to purchase some Yonex Super RQ 500s. Do you still have yours? I'll buy it.