PDA

View Full Version : NYC Tennis

BrooklynNY
11-11-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't know if there is a proper forum for this... or if a similar thread has been posted so...

Do any of the posters ever meet up and hit balls around? Is that something that people would ever be interested in doing?

I just wanted to throw this out there to get a feel for how that is, since I'm a relatively new poster to the forum.

kelawai
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Go to Miscellaneous and look for Tennis Travel.

heninfan99
11-12-2010, 10:04 AM
no. too many psychos on here. :shock::shock::shock:

kelawai
11-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Then check craigslist or yahoo group.

fleabitten
11-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Google: Brooklyn Tennis Social Group (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLD_enUS307US307&q=brooklyn+tennis+Group#sclient=psy&hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLD_enUS307US307&q=brooklyn+tennis+social+group&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=89aa3dace3391796) or just click that link.

blakesq
11-16-2010, 08:26 AM
I am in CT. However, I have heard that meetup.com has some nice tennis meetups.

I don't know if there is a proper forum for this... or if a similar thread has been posted so...

Do any of the posters ever meet up and hit balls around? Is that something that people would ever be interested in doing?

I just wanted to throw this out there to get a feel for how that is, since I'm a relatively new poster to the forum.

BrooklynNY
11-16-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm not looking for partners,I have plenty and play USTA, make it sectionals the last 2 yrs, etc..., just wondering if all the people who talk so recklessly to each other on the boards ever play together.

TennisLeaguePlay
11-17-2010, 03:10 AM
http://TennisNewYork.com when spring rolls around.

blakesq
11-17-2010, 05:52 AM
Do you want to fight someone? grow up.

I'm not looking for partners,I have plenty and play USTA, make it sectionals the last 2 yrs, etc..., just wondering if all the people who talk so recklessly to each other on the boards ever play together.

BrooklynNY
11-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Fight...um??? where the hell did you get that from?

I wouldn't mind hitting with someone who also posts on the boards.

I was more interested in seeing if people this message board ever play together. I am not looking for people from my area, all of my tennis is based out of Long Island or we play at the Tennis Center, so a Brooklyn community board wouldn't work, As I just have an apartment there to stay in the city.

IF I was looking to fight someone, a tennis message board wouldn't really yield the results I would desire. Thanks though.

rh310
11-17-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm on Long Island. I hit Saturday mornings from 10-12 at an open workshop that's generally very well run, at Long Beach Tennis Center, and am always looking for good people to hit with. At least four courts, with levels from 3.0 to 4.5.

If you're interested in doing that, let me know and I'll get my name / mobile # to you and we can meet there. It's a great
"neutral" way to find out if we'd want to arrange to play some other time.

The clinic is $50. I'm simply a happy customer.

BrooklynNY
11-17-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm on Long Island. I hit Saturday mornings from 10-12 at an open workshop that's generally very well run, at Long Beach Tennis Center, and am always looking for good people to hit with. At least four courts, with levels from 3.0 to 4.5.

If you're interested in doing that, let me know and I'll get my name / mobile # to you and we can meet there. It's a great
"neutral" way to find out if we'd want to arrange to play some other time.

The clinic is $50. I'm simply a happy customer.

Nice, I agree, that is a good way to meet/play initially. I actually play on the Tri-Level (3.5,4.0, 4.5) Team based out of Long Beach. Our season is wrapping up within the next month Mr. Cerventes is the captain, not sure if you know of him.

That is usually around the time I play(10-12) on saturdays, although I am already booked this Saturday to play. Perhaps we will arrange a meetup within a few weeks or sometime in the future. Look forward to possibly hitting some balls around with you. Thanks for the response.

EZRA
11-17-2010, 01:08 PM
It would actually be awesome to play with fellow TW members. I'd be up for it in if someone would organize a get together.

I used to play around NYC but has moved to NJ last year.

rallyjunkie
11-17-2010, 03:52 PM
here's a cool article about a match played at the courts under the George Washington Bridge...

those courts are pretty nice.

http://tennis-prose.com/articles/challenged-by-the-chess-master/

dennis10is
11-17-2010, 04:03 PM

Some do and some do not. Some talk trash about others and then make excuses for not being able to play. Most make bets and don't pay up.

I'm from Long Island so yes many of us do get together.

According to the Holy STD I'm a 1.0 so I may not be at your level but there are many others on the island and city who are happy to hit with fellow TW'ers.

rallyjunkie
11-17-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm a 4.5 Brokklyn, can play in NYC.

JoelDali
11-18-2010, 06:06 AM
Some do and some do not. Some talk trash about others and then make excuses for not being able to play. Most make bets and don't pay up.

I'm from Long Island so yes many of us do get together.

According to the Holy STD I'm a 1.0 so I may not be at your level but there are many others on the island and city who are happy to hit with fellow TW'ers.

http://www.fridaypuppy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Puppy-Love-625x446.jpg

H2O
11-18-2010, 06:17 AM
Hey, I have questions for you all. It's that safe to play tennis with people from TW. I am just curious about it. Thanks.

H2O
11-18-2010, 06:19 AM
Opps. typo again. Hope you don't mind. Not familiar with function.

rh310
11-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Nice, I agree, that is a good way to meet/play initially. I actually play on the Tri-Level (3.5,4.0, 4.5) Team based out of Long Beach. Our season is wrapping up within the next month Mr. Cerventes is the captain, not sure if you know of him.

I don't know Mr. Cerventes by that name but I almost certainly have seen him around if nothing else.

Are you in one of those doubles groups that play on the hardcourts on Sat morning? The workshop is run on the clay courts.

That is usually around the time I play(10-12) on saturdays, although I am already booked this Saturday to play. Perhaps we will arrange a meetup within a few weeks or sometime in the future. Look forward to possibly hitting some balls around with you. Thanks for the response.

That would be great. You can email me (just click on my user name) any time you'd like to arrange something.

I haven't hit with anyone else here, but years ago hit with several players that were on news://rec.sport.tennis. A couple of friendships came out of that, and even when the levels were grossly mismatched the experiences were very positive from an interpersonal perspective.

I did get one reference here for a tennis coach when I was traveling out of the US, and hit with him twice. That was an excellent experience.

BrooklynNY
11-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Rally Junkie, where are you, where do you play? Are you willing/not willing to hit. It's getting colder, so I'm guesing indoors is the only option I'm a 4.0, but more a 4.38999, and can play. Just got back from my 4.0 tri-level doubles match with my brother, we won 3-3.

Rh310: I will email.

tennis tom
11-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Hey, I have questions for you all. It's that safe to play tennis with people from TW. I am just curious about it. Thanks.

The tennis world can be a dangerous place, tennis is an allegory for war, talk softly but carry a big stick, or a Weed.

If you're in the frisco area here's a group of gentlemen you may want to hook up with:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3847276

rallyjunkie
11-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Rally Junkie, where are you, where do you play? Are you willing/not willing to hit. It's getting colder, so I'm guesing indoors is the only option I'm a 4.0, but more a 4.38999, and can play. Just got back from my 4.0 tri-level doubles match with my brother, we won 3-3.

Rh310: I will email.

Hi Brooklyn, I play all over, at GWB in summer and indoor places in Jersey. I will hit outdoors if it's in the 50.s

EZRA
11-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey Rally.. I play around North Jersey. We should play one of these days. If you're free Friday nights, I'd like to invite you to come join my group.

kelawai
11-22-2010, 06:10 PM
I am solid 4.0. Played a couple League Playoffs. Would like to hit indoor in Brooklyn or NTC, Flushing. Split court fees of course : )) Or outdoor when weather 50+

My instinct tell we all might have seen each other on the courts before. Thank you.

thamby101@yahoo.com

rallyjunkie
11-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey Rally.. I play around North Jersey. We should play one of these days. If you're free Friday nights, I'd like to invite you to come join my group.

Thanks for invite Ezra, hit me at thereisnojoybutcalm@yahoo.com