PDA

View Full Version : Gosen Clear Vs. Natural

kenshireen
11-14-2010, 08:02 PM
I swear that the crystal (pure white) does not play the same as the natural (slightly yellowish tint).
I have strung 50 rackets with 17G mcro and it really feels that natural plays better.
Or is this just my imagination

Jonny S&V
11-14-2010, 08:14 PM
I swear that the crystal (pure white) does not play the same as the natural (slightly yellowish tint).
I have strung 50 rackets with 17G mcro and it really feels that natural plays better.
Or is this just my imagination

No, it is not just your imagination. Generally consensus is that all the colors play differently. The more solid colors, like white, tend to play stiffer IMO. The more dye they add, it seems to change the reaction of the string.

Ambivalent
11-14-2010, 08:23 PM
I've used most of the colors and own a reel of white. I'd have to say, the white string is REALLY stiff.

brownbearfalling
11-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Are you talking about polylon or og micro (synthetic) gut?

For og micro I have used the clear and white strings. They are pretty similar but the white is a bit stiffer. I am guessing the clear and white play more similar than clear vs amber or natural.

For polylon the Ice (clear, yellow, and blue) play exactly the same. Only the polylon natural is different. The polylon natural is a bit softer.

In other brands, I believe prince syn gut duraflex plays the same in every color.

Tecnifibre syn gut's amber and white color are very different strings.

GameSetMatch
11-15-2010, 01:01 AM
I've used most of the colors and own a reel of white. I'd have to say, the white string is REALLY stiff.

ROTFL.

The white is marginally stiffer than the natural string, but its certainly not 'really stiff'. We're still talking medium stiffness synthetic gut here, not kevlar. I prefer the white, but then I prefer stiffer strings.

kenshireen
11-15-2010, 06:53 AM

For og micro I have used the clear and white strings. They are pretty similar but the white is a bit stiffer. I am guessing the clear and white play more similar than clear vs amber or natural.

For polylon the Ice (clear, yellow, and blue) play exactly the same. Only the polylon natural is different. The polylon natural is a bit softer.

In other brands, I believe prince syn gut duraflex plays the same in every color.

Let me clarify

Gosen micro sheep 17G syn gut.
I am referring to white vs natural

diredesire
11-15-2010, 09:17 AM

Duraflex colors also play differently. The only syn gut i've SEEN advertising same play across different colors is laserfibre, and their color comes off on the balls.

Let me clarify

Gosen micro sheep 17G syn gut.
I am referring to white vs natural

Yep, this is normal.

SteveI
11-15-2010, 10:12 AM
No, it is not just your imagination. Generally consensus is that all the colors play differently. The more solid colors, like white, tend to play stiffer IMO. The more dye they add, it seems to change the reaction of the string.

Yes..............1++