PDA

View Full Version : Feeling kind of full

spiderman123
11-15-2010, 08:54 AM
I don't feel like eating anything today. I had a couple of bagels and I think I have enough energy for the day.

Just wanted to get that out.

TourTenor
11-15-2010, 09:05 AM
I don't feel like eating anything today. I had a couple of bagels and I think I have enough energy for the day.

Just wanted to get that out.
You will literally become a spider if you continue to eat like that. Better plan is to eat three balanced meals a day, otherwise your energy will go through spikes and your overall health will suffer. Just sayin.:)

spiderman123
11-15-2010, 09:16 AM
You will literally become a spider if you continue to eat like that. Better plan is to eat three balanced meals a day, otherwise your energy will go through spikes and your overall health will suffer. Just sayin.:)

Three balanced meals sound a lot better than a couple of bagels. I hope to follow that diet regimen for some time. :)

To be fair, I was asked to eat at a much more expensive cafe as all my usual cafes were closed. Bagels was all I could afford. But these made me feel that I will be able to enjoy eating at my regular cafes a lot more. Made me a better... eater??

tennis tom
11-15-2010, 09:42 AM
I knew a great senior player who was #1 in his age group and bagels were a staple of his diet.

spiderman123
11-15-2010, 10:31 AM
In case this was more confusing that it should be,

I am talking about a 6-0 6-0 thrashing I received. I am mid to low 3.5 and I played a strong 4.0(expensive cafe) as there were no 3.5 (my usual cafes) in the tourney.

It was fun though :)

PS: I interpreted balanced three meals as competitive three sets. Sorry maybe my mind is still not back. :)

SweetH2O
11-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Ah, I read it that you delivered a 6-0 6-0 beating to a guy from a country club (expensive cafe) and realized you are happier playing with your usual group of non-snooty friends who don't inflate their ratings.

We can pretend that my version is the truth if it makes you feel better. :)

beernutz
11-15-2010, 10:42 AM
In case this was more confusing that it should be,

I am talking about a 6-0 6-0 thrashing I received. I am mid to low 3.5 and I played a strong 4.0(expensive cafe) as there were no 3.5 (my usual cafes) in the tourney.

It was fun though :)

PS: I interpreted balanced three meals as competitive three sets. Sorry maybe my mind is still not back. :)

You shouldn't be hungry since someone handed you bagels. Most of us have been there, its part of the game.

MNPlayer
11-15-2010, 10:57 AM
They always say you learn more from your losses than your victories. So you should have learned a lot! :)

More seriously, I got bageled in an open tournament not too long ago but it was a fun match and good experience.

TourTenor
11-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Ahh, yes, bagels can build character but they will sap your energy unless you learn to properly prepare and serve them.

spiderman123
11-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Ahh, yes, bagels can build character but they will sap your energy unless you learn to properly prepare and serve them.

I am looking forward to serving them.

I am going to prepare at dusk with shadow practice with only my silhouette visible with the backdrop of setting sun, like those Kung fu movies of the 80s.

Then I will serve bagels to the same guy, give my trophy to the kid who helped me practice and then run into the sunset after as credits roll.

spiderman123
11-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Ah, I read it that you delivered a 6-0 6-0 beating to a guy from a country club (expensive cafe) and realized you are happier playing with your usual group of non-snooty friends who don't inflate their ratings.

We can pretend that my version is the truth if it makes you feel better. :)

spiderman123 likes this comment.

And thanks everyone else for the support, I agree that it is a part of the game really was a good experience that fired me up to get back at practice. I love this game a little too much to get depressed for a long time.

Play on!

rallyjunkie
11-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Why can't you learn equally from your losses and wins? That famous quote is a myth and cop out. there are reasons why you win and lose a match, you have to figure out what those reasons are.

so the point is you can learn just as much from winning as losing, no?

MNPlayer
11-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Why can't you learn equally from your losses and wins? That famous quote is a myth and cop out. there are reasons why you win and lose a match, you have to figure out what those reasons are.

so the point is you can learn just as much from winning as losing, no?

I think the point is, if you win you don't need to change - you achieved the goal after all. In losing you presumably get a more acute lesson on what to work on.

Of course, in any match, win or loss, you have good and bad points so I take your general point.

Pahansuopa
11-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I'll have to go with RJ here. Many, maybe even most people get disheartened with losses and are not able to learn from their losses. They get tentative and losses might even feed more losses. One needs to get enough wins under their belt to be able to learn from losses also. Of course its always better feeling if you win, but if I played poorly and get a win, I won't feel satisfied afterwards if it's not some kind of a clutch match or something otherwise special. I would say that if you start to lose lots of matches to some same opponent, try find someone else you can beat to get your confidence up.

AtomicForehand
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Bagels have next to zero nutritional value (only the vitamins that have been added to "enriched" flour, plus maybe a trace of protein from any egg). They give your body no fuel to run on. It's one step away from eating candy for breakfast.

I hope you at least put some cream cheese and smoked salmon on there for a little fat and protein. ;-)

spiderman123
11-29-2010, 01:04 PM
I hope you at least put some cream cheese and smoked salmon on there for a little fat and protein. ;-)

Now that sounds great. Will try cream cheese and smoked salmon but I plan to skip the bagel now :)

Played another 4.0 a day after that, still lost but that was in a match tie break. So it appears that tennis psyche was not scarred by those bagels :)

AtomicForehand
11-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Now that sounds great. Will try cream cheese and smoked salmon but I plan to skip the bagel now :)

Played another 4.0 a day after that, still lost but that was in a match tie break. So it appears that tennis psyche was not scarred by those bagels :)

Yeah--a protein-and-fat breakfast! That'll keep you running into the early afternoon!