PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17g tension question

mctennis
11-15-2010, 10:17 PM
I have a question for anyone that has used this string. Have you had to reduce the string tension you normally string your racquet at? I saw a few posts about reducing the tension by about 5-6 lbs. If I were ask that question on the other threads the question would have gotten lost and not answered but by maybe one person. I'd rather get a better feel if I need to do this with this string or not.
Thank you for responding.

parasailing
11-16-2010, 08:11 AM
I have tested quite a few multis and had all of them strung at the same tension. The thing is X1 is a rather stiff multi the first hour until it settles in. This could be what others suggest lowering the tension. Currently it is the string of choice for a multi until I can get my hands on the Laserfibre SNPS to test.

mctennis
11-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Thank you for the information.

JoelDali
11-19-2010, 11:04 AM
I think X1 17g is fine being strung at a normal tension.

I actually strung it quite high at 62 and it was great. I've left it in a beat up 88 that I use when it rains.

i suck at tennis
11-19-2010, 01:18 PM
I string mine at 62# also... I don't find it to be as stiff in the first hour or so of use as some people make it out to be, seems like quite a comfortable string to me. If you are a regular user of multis I would string the X-One at whatever tension you normally use