PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon losing tension?

Roger No.1
11-17-2010, 01:29 AM
I don't have much experience with Luxilon strings. I see on the package it says: No loss of efficiency, don't move, very durable, etc... Then I read on threads here that you should restring frequently.
Can anybody tell me if Alu Power BB holds tension better than other multi strings?

airman88
11-17-2010, 06:02 AM
No poly holds tension well, and Lux is worse than most.

polski
11-17-2010, 06:18 AM
You can get 2 or 3 sets out of BB at most. The harder you hit, the shorter they last. The longer you leave them in, the more arm pain you should have.

On the positive side, they perform really well if your swing is fast & you play with heavy spin. Of course, if you don't swing fast or play with spin, they simply hurt you & you'll spray a lot of balls long.

ryushen21
11-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Yeah....that's the downside of Lux. It is great when it's fresh. ALU Rough is the best string in the world the first 4 hours you hit with it but then it is dead. But even dead ALU Rough is better than some other strings.

Roger No.1
11-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah....that's the downside of Lux. It is great when it's fresh. ALU Rough is the best string in the world the first 4 hours you hit with it but then it is dead. But even dead ALU Rough is better than some other strings.

Why would they claim "no loss of efficiency" .. sounds like a false advertisement to me. I have a set of Alu Power Fluoro and will install them soon. Not sure to string full Alu Power or use it in a hybrid with NXT Tour 18. Which way will they last longer?

kevoT
11-17-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't have much experience with Luxilon strings. I see on the package it says: No loss of efficiency, don't move, very durable, etc... Then I read on threads here that you should restring frequently.
Can anybody tell me if Alu Power BB holds tension better than other multi strings?

yeah, strings tend to do that ;D When it comes to poly's they do need to be re-strung often, but I do it once a month (unless it breaks).

nvottennis
11-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Why would they claim "no loss of efficiency" .. sounds like a false advertisement to me. I have a set of Alu Power Fluoro and will install them soon. Not sure to string full Alu Power or use it in a hybrid with NXT Tour 18. Which way will they last longer?

Its all depends on one's definition of loss of efficiency. Also, you have to account for the fact that theoretically, no strings "lose efficiency" until they break, however, experimental results would prove otherwise

Roger No.1
11-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Its all depends on one's definition of loss of efficiency. Also, you have to account for the fact that theoretically, no strings "lose efficiency" until they break, however, experimental results would prove otherwise

Right now I have Alu Power BB 16L in mains, and (K) Gut 16 crosses. I've used them for a couple of months playing 2-3 hrs a week - I didn't notice any loss in tension and they seem fine. Only thing I noticed is Alu Power are cutting crosses. The Luxilon mains do move, but not as much as most strings. If I use full Alu Power - will the strings move less?

SoCal10s
11-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Lux loses the tension worse than other less expensive polys .. it's really bad when it hits the heat.. some players string with Lux and don't play with it until it loses tension ,they got used to that ,but you have to experiment how much tension loss you like and string it accordingly ..