PDA

View Full Version : Which's tension for hybrid: WeissCannon TurboTwist & Explosiv! ??

minhcd
11-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi, i'm using KBlade 98 (string pattern: 18x20) & stringing with WeissCannon Silverstring(1.20mm) @23.5kg(52lbs)
I want to try hybrid WeissCannon TurboTwist(main) & Explosiv!(cross)
Can you suggest me about tension for main/cross?
Thanks you!

thebuffman
11-19-2010, 01:01 AM
some string the crosses 2-3lbs tighter to help the mains retain tension longer. some string crosses 2-3lbs lower to soften the stringbed and promote less friction hence more spin.

HitItHarder
11-19-2010, 06:23 AM
I use a lot of Turbotwist in a full bed, and I found it is a little more lively than Silversting. I would suggest you think about bumping the tension up a few pounds on the Turbotwist to the mid-50s to maintain then same level of control you have with Silverstring. Turbotwist is fairly comfortable for a poly, so I haven't had any problems stinging it in the mid-50s. I typically string other polys like silversting around 50-52lbs, so I think it is a good place for you to start.

Also, if you don't like the Turbotwist hybrid, you should give it a shot in a full bed. I haven't found another poly that I like better with that setup.

minhcd
11-19-2010, 10:03 AM
@thebuffman & HitItHarder: Thanks you very much indeed!
Follow your suggestions, I will try TurboTwist(main)@54lbs & Explosiv!(cross)@57lbs.