PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have elbow/arm problems with blue gear or ultra bg?

kiteboard
11-18-2010, 09:31 PM
My arm got hurt at work, and now I can't hit 20 balls without quitting. Maybe the blue gear caused part of it.

obana48
11-18-2010, 11:45 PM
A year ago I tried Blue Gear but the string was set up in mains with multi in crosses. BG had great spin and decent control but my arm didn't like it even in hybrid. Too harsh for sensitive arm. If you're using it fullbed try it in a hybrid with something really soft. May be this helps?

Is new Ultra BG softer?

Anyone tried to hybrid BG with GUT?

mawashi
11-18-2010, 11:58 PM
My arm got hurt at work, and now I can't hit 20 balls without quitting. Maybe the blue gear caused part of it.

How exactly did you get yourself hurt cus blue gear can't be that bad right?

mawashi

Pinkskunk
11-19-2010, 01:39 AM
i play with BG for the last year or so and i strung mine at ~55lbs on a Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex and the Original AeroPro Drive both fullbed no hybrid. i have full Western Grip with heavy topspin and I never have arm or elbow problem. Knocking on wood.

my current reel of BG is running low so i have ordered a reel of Genesis Black Code and that is softer than BG. i bought the Genesis for the lower price and i want something new :)

BG Bite the balls like shark teeth on human flesh :D everytime i strike the ball in the reflection of the Sun i can see the felt on the ball explode :D

mawashi
11-19-2010, 04:54 AM
If you really want to see fur fly try kevlar, Nothing destroys a ball faster than kevlar. A shaped poly cuts the ball but kelvar shreds it.

mawashi

kiteboard
11-20-2010, 02:17 PM
How exactly did you get yourself hurt cus blue gear can't be that bad right?

mawashi

bad_call
11-20-2010, 02:20 PM
dang...think i need a drink after reading that. btw - think Blue Gear is the least of your worries...just don't string it high.