PDA

View Full Version : Play test string question

beernutz
11-19-2010, 12:37 PM
A while ago I received a test string which I think was from Wilson. All I could find were the cellophane package with the string inside but no markings. The string appears to be a black, spiraled poly and looks to be 17 or possibly even 18 gauge. I had to really tighten my clamps so it wouldn't slip.

Anyway, I strung it up and have hit with it a bit and really like the way it plays so far.

Does anyone know if this string is now available commercially and if so what its called?

ryushen21
11-19-2010, 01:04 PM
All the strings that I have tested for wilson came with a letter and were coded.

JoelDali
11-19-2010, 01:38 PM
A while ago I received a test string which I think was from Wilson. All I could find were the cellophane package with the string inside but no markings. The string appears to be a black, spiraled poly and looks to be 17 or possibly even 18 gauge. I had to really tighten my clamps so it wouldn't slip.

Anyway, I strung it up and have hit with it a bit and really like the way it plays so far.

Does anyone know if this string is now available commercially and if so what its called?

Doesn't sound like any of the Wilson Playtest Strings that have been sent out in the last year or so.

beernutz
11-20-2010, 03:16 AM
Hmm, oh well back to the drawing board then. I know it is a test string so it must be from a different company.