PDA

View Full Version : Head String

baconb
11-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Just wondering why Head don't concentrate more on their strings or have they and not been successful?

Is it just they aren't as popular?

Babolat have pro hurricane / tour / blast etc.

Head's best poly string is.... Sonic Pro?

Must be a bit of a kick in the face having most of their pros using babolat VS gut or even Blast???

Surely they can do better!

freshtennis
11-19-2010, 04:57 PM
yeah, head dont make good strings, but its personal preference, some like it, some love it, some hate it.

nvottennis
11-19-2010, 05:27 PM
yeah, head dont make good strings, but its personal preference, some like it, some love it, some hate it.

then dont say that head doesnt make good strings.. its all preference as you say. And frankly, I think its smarter that they focus on other aspects of tennis like their racquet line. Simply perfect

freshtennis
11-19-2010, 05:38 PM
then dont say that head doesnt make good strings.. its all preference as you say. And frankly, I think its smarter that they focus on other aspects of tennis like their racquet line. Simply perfect

sorry, for got to include, 'IMO'

aggietex08
11-19-2010, 06:35 PM
The head RIP strings have developed a niche following. RIP Control 17g I have found to my favorite cross string. Though I don't believe those were developed by Head. I'm not an authority on the matter so I apologize if I'm incorrect but I think for them to have any sort of success they would have to do the Wilson approach and buy another string company. Signum Pro is to Head as Luxilon is to Wilson???

baconb
11-19-2010, 07:05 PM
The head RIP strings have developed a niche following. RIP Control 17g I have found to my favorite cross string. Though I don't believe those were developed by Head. I'm not an authority on the matter so I apologize if I'm incorrect but I think for them to have any sort of success they would have to do the Wilson approach and buy another string company. Signum Pro is to Head as Luxilon is to Wilson???

Thats a pretty big call! Signum pro is very good I agree though.
I think Signum need to work out what they are doing though. The CEO is very good and replies quickly too bad that most other people at the company do not even respond over phone or email especially in Australia. No idea what is going on in Australia...

jazar
11-19-2010, 11:56 PM
i believe that in the near future head are going to launch some more poly strings to complement their existing line and make more of an impact on the string market

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
11-20-2010, 03:36 AM
i believe that in the near future head are going to launch some more poly strings to complement their existing line and make more of an impact on the string market

100 Bucks says it's a Silver coloured string.... ;)

freshtennis
11-20-2010, 03:41 AM
100 Bucks says it's a Silver coloured string.... ;)

id expect black, i think black strings is the new craze ... dunlop is making black strings now ... i think vs natural gut is going black?

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
11-20-2010, 03:44 AM
id expect black, i think black strings is the new craze ... dunlop is making black strings now ... i think vs natural gut is going black?

Well it angers me when Babolat take the credit "Look we got a Black string..everyone buy it becaus black would look so cool in a racquet" NO Tecnifibre Black Code was the original! Dido with Tecnifibre Red Code and Babolat Revenge. If i was Tecnifibre i would be spewing, Babolat copied them and got all the money!

Yeh and 100 Bucks says the head string will be like Head Sonic Power (silver)

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
11-20-2010, 03:46 AM
God DAMMIT...we need the "Rants & Raves" forum back..........

freshtennis
11-20-2010, 03:46 AM
Well it angers me when Babolat take the credit "Look we got a Black string..everyone buy it becaus black would look so cool in a racquet" NO Tecnifibre Black Code was the original! Dido with Tecnifibre Red Code and Babolat Revenge. If i was Tecnifibre i would be spewing, Babolat copied them and got all the money!

Yeh and 100 Bucks says the head string will be like Head Sonic Power (silver)

yeah but babolat had a good marketing representative for it, a few actually, nadal, schiavonie, stosur. especially seeing how 2 rpm blast users one the rg2010.

i prefer the look of revenge, its more bright and it shines in the light, red code is so dull :D

ill bet you 100 bucks its not?

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
11-20-2010, 03:49 AM
yeah but babolat had a good marketing representative for it, a few actually, nadal, schiavonie, stosur. especially seeing how 2 rpm blast users one the rg2010.

i prefer the look of revenge, its more bright and it shines in the light, red code is so dull :D

ill bet you 100 bucks its not?

No no no, Babolat did not have good marketing....They just had the
http://www.southernstudies.org/images/sitepieces/Money%20stacks.jpg

freshtennis
11-20-2010, 03:50 AM
No no no, Babolat did not have good marketing....They just had the
http://www.southernstudies.org/images/sitepieces/Money%20stacks.jpg

if nadal didnt use it, barely anyone would buy it

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
11-20-2010, 03:51 AM
if nadal didnt use it, barely anyone would buy it

First of all he doesn't use it and second he only "used" because of Babolat's money.

freshtennis
11-20-2010, 03:54 AM
First of all he doesn't use it and second he only "used" because of Babolat's money.

well that could be true, but he still 'markets' it.
and not really.
im sure babolat would have paid him the same as if he was to use tour duralast.

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
11-20-2010, 03:56 AM
well that could be true, but he still 'markets' it.
and not really.
im sure babolat would have paid him the same as if he was to use tour duralast.

I hope your joking.....hes pay probably doubled when he supposedly switched to RPM blast, otherwise he would of just said "no why switch i'm playing just fine":shock:

freshtennis
11-20-2010, 03:58 AM
I hope your joking.....hes pay probably doubled when he supposedly switched to RPM blast, otherwise he would of just said "no why switch i'm playing just fine":shock:

we cant be for sure, but you may be right, maybe he has found a string he likes?

mikeler
11-20-2010, 08:50 AM

RIP Control and Intellitour are pretty good offerings from Head at reasonable prices.

jmnk
11-20-2010, 03:38 PM
RIP Control and Intellitour are pretty good offerings from Head at reasonable prices.

+1. Have been using intellitour for years. tried other strings and always come back to intellitour. Even now when stringing Natural Gut in mains I string head crosses.

Kcraig
11-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Just made a bit of a "jump" into Intellitour and picked up 7 packs. Very pleased with first run of standard/recommended setup of RIP tour/Feel crosses and am now stringing another stick in the "reverese" setup of Feel/Tour and hope to test it out tomorrow to see how it plays--:)

aggietex08
11-20-2010, 03:49 PM

I picked up a pack of Intllitour 17g from the other shop since I happened to be in the H-Town today. I'm going to string it backwards like Kcraigs (i think it was him) noted it is even softer. Also picked up my first pack of natty gut to see what the fuss is about :-0

aggietex08
11-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Just made a bit of a "jump" into Intellitour and picked up 7 packs. Very pleased with first run of standard/recommended setup of RIP tour/Feel crosses and am now stringing another stick in the "reverese" setup of Feel/Tour and hope to test it out tomorrow to see how it plays--:)

Way to post 2 minutes before me so I look like a fool. I guess it was someone else who used the reverse set up with good success.

HitItHarder
11-22-2010, 06:07 AM
I think Head has some competitive strings in several categories. I just don't think they get the same publicity as some of the other manufacturers since they aren't constantly coming out with "new" versions of their strings. Their current offerings have all been on the market for a good while now. They also have pretty competitive pricing on them. Sonic Pro is a solid poly string that offers pretty good all around performance. FXP is a solid less expensive multi with the same good all around performance. RIP Control is a quality low powered multi with good durability. Their PPS synthetic gut is a good quality synthetic gut at a reasonable price.

While I personally have found other strings in each category thay I prefer over the Head offerings (my personal favorites would be WC Turbotwist, TF NRG2, and Gosen OG Micro), I still regularly string various Head strings for others.